Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Yesterday makes one month

gregariousali

• Members

August 27, 2016, my mother passed away unexpectedly at 58 years old. I'm only 23 years old. I've been having suicidal thoughts for the past hour because the pain I feel from missing her is too immense to bear. I want to throw up, because I miss her so badly. 

• Members

I am so very sorry. Please reach out and go talk to someone face to face about how you are feeling. Do you have other family members? Just go talk to someone. I am glad you reached out here. It is very hard to lose a parent. The pain is very sharp and intense at first, but it does get better. It does! 

Here are some phone numbers to call if you have no one else. We will be here with you. 

1-800-SUICIDE
(1-800-784-2433)
or
1-800-273-TALK
(1-800-273-8255)
or 
Text Telephone:
1-800-799-4TTY
(1-800-799-4889)

ModKonnie

• Members

Please give us an update so that we know you are ok!  If you chose not to use the crisis resources, I would urge you to seek 1:1 counseling.  Many colleges offer low cost services by therapists in training.

• Members

Honey Please hang in there. I know exactly how you feel...I just lost my Ma 7 month ago along with my Mommie in 2009 and my Aunt 2012. I am struggling as well but you have to hang on. I can't tell you it's going to be easy but know that she still loves you where ever she is and she would want you to hang in there. Trust me I try my hardest not to think about hurting myself because I know that will just break my three beautiful angels hearts if I were to do that. I'm lost too my dear at this point in time...I'm using this time to rest and grieve properly. I understand so if you need someone to talk to let me know.

• Members

Everyone, I am ok. I talked with my close friends and my father and I was able to calm down and not only express what I was feeling, but also learn how to cope with them. I plan to make a greater effort to use the counseling resources I have.

• Members

I am so glad you are doing okay. We want to help everyone through these difficult times. We all understand being overwhelmed and feeling utterly lost. 

ModKonnie

Archived