Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Have Finished "Love Knows No Death." My Thoughts.

Jeff In Denver

• Members
Jeff In Denver

I am a little surprised that no one else really  seems to be interested in this terrific, inexpensive ($10) course in working through this nightmare that we're in.  But that's okay.  We each deal with this in our own way.   I have done A LOT of research on what we're dealing with.  That doesn't make me an expert, of course, but I now have a much better understanding of how this all works.  I can tell you that this workbook has made me, and countless others, feel a little relief.    Losing my girlfriend still hurts more than I ever thought possible, but the whole thing doesn't feel as final.  

I am again mentioning this workbook because I believe that it offers real help from this horror.

The videos of professors, doctors, and scientists make a pretty compelling case for the concept that they are still with us.  The whole production is very well done.  Dr. Parisetti did an exceptional job of putting it all together.  I can't imagine how much time it took.  The material is easy to follow - although you do have to concentrate on it.  You have to write.  The videos are usually pretty short and nail the points that they are trying to make.

No one tries to convince you of anything.  They just present the evidence and let you decide.

Grief counseling and self-help books didn't work for me. How can they?  The only thing that will make us feel better is if we have our partner back in our lives.  And no one can make that happen.  But if we know that they are STILL with us, not in oblivion, well...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are some of Bob's parting words:

"There have been countless “self-help” books written about grief, most of them guiding the reader through
various stages of bereavement, advising what to expect, and how to cope. As a bereaved parent, I read about
twenty such books and found no solace from my profound sadness and horror. What I read were simply words
put on paper by people who I believed did not have a clue as to what I was feeling. Bear in mind that authors
are writing based upon their own belief systems and training, and any cookie cutter approach to such a topic
is fraught with peril.

Let’s face it, there is only one thing that can have a dramatic effect on the grief recovery process for those who
suffer the loss of a loved one . . . the knowledge that they still survive. By survive I am not referring to some
vague faith based notion that they live on in our hearts or sit strumming harps on clouds in the heavens. I am
suggesting the evidence-based reality that our minds (consciousness or soul if you prefer) simply transition to
life in a non-physical realm.

Always keep the ultimate goal in mind. If you should become convinced by the evidence that your loved one
survives, envision how differently you would feel knowing that death is merely stepping through a doorway
into another room."

• Members
claribassist13

Jeff, 

I am so glad that you have found something that helps you. I can imagine some of the relief (for lack of a better term) that you must be feeling with your confidence in the knowledge that Mila is still with you. 
Please continue to do your research and share it with us! I know that are helping more than just yourself with all of this effort. 

• Moderators

I believe they are still with us, I don't believe they die and that's just it, but that their spirit lives on.  They also live on inside of us by the ways they made a difference to us, changing us for the better.

Not everyone chooses to seek mediums, we all find our own way through this.  It's not a rejection of your newfound knowledge, just that everyone finds their own personal way.

• Members

I struggle with this.  I've always been an agnostic, as was my boyfriend who passed.  So I think there is a possibility of an afterlife but truthfully, logically, i believe there isn't.  However, since he's died I've had some strange occurrences, sensations, and things happen where I'm almost sure he is still around. Plus I just feel him in my core.  I'm not sure how much of it is a way of coping with grief, or real. Sometimes I feel like a mental case. I want to check out the book you're talking about though. 

• Moderators

On my other forum, there is someone really struggling with this, and she seems to be without hope, even 1 1/2 years later.  I've tried to get her to keep an open mind about this, not that she has to believe anything one way or another, but just not to close her mind to the possibility that just maybe there IS afterlife or spirit life continuing beyond physical death.  We are energy and it doesn't die, it just changes form.  There have been so many reports confirming this, that only solidifies my view that he still exists.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

I'll be talking to a medium later this month via phone.  I have no expectations, but I will keep an open mind.  This course has opened up so many possibilities.  

• Members

Keep researching, you're on the right path. The afterlife does exist. So much proof out there. I talk to my husband a lot.I thought i was going crazy, but his answers are his,his words, not mine. He sent me a photo while I was sleeping one night. I disregarded it due to the sadness and depression I have constantly. Later on in the day, I remembered it and asked my husband if he had sent it to me. It was a photo of him (young) in a wedding tux on one end of a couch and a young woman in a wedding dress on the opposite end of the couch. It was him and his first wife. He said he wanted to show me and have me understand that his first marriage wasn't good. There was no closeness, always a distance. I know this from the things he told me early on in our relationship. He felt unloved and misunderstood in that marriage. I asked him about us. He said we are of one heart and always will be. He'll be waiting for me when it's my turn to pass and we'll be together forever. It was a comfort to hear that-----but yes, it still is unbearable that we can't be together now.

I too am considering on talking to a medium down the road. I need to get myself more stable and accepting of my reality.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

KMB, he is still with you.  It's good that you know that.  Well, I talk with the medium this Saturday.  As I said, I am expecting nothing.  If we do connect, I am just hoping that she doesn't hate me or is disappointed in me.   Right after I lost her I went out drinking a lot and did some crazy things with women... 

• Members

Jeff---Keep me posted when you have the medium reading. It should go well. If the medium is reputable, confirmation should come thru that only you should know personally. A friend of mine who lost her husband a few months earlier than I , just had a medium reading last week. The confirmations were dead on. Her daughter that passed a few years ago from cancer came thru as well. The afterlife is similar to earth life. This friend's husband built houses in this life and he is building one now in the afterlife for when she passes over. The daughter had a miscarriage when 18 and now has her son with her in the afterlife. My friend's husband told her not to be sad. That one day they'll be together again. He comes and lays on the bed at night and watches her sleep, touches her head and face. My friend said that there have been times while laying in bed that she felt what was like electricity in her hair and she has felt the mattress move as if her husband was getting into the bed. Her daughter said that she still goes with her mom shopping like they used to do. All confirmations that there is still life after death. My friend is still grieving tho, just like me. It's just part of being human.

Your wife will come thru and she will not judge you for anything. She has unconditional love for you and will have messages to help you.

I haven't had a reading for myself yet. It's only been a short time and as much as I would like a more direct connection to my husband, I feel the need to wait. I live in Wisconsin and winter is on it's way. I'm going to be in the house more. Mid-winter, I'm planning on contacting a medium, to hopefully give my spirit a boost to get thru the rest of winter. Sounds insane, but something keeps telling me to wait.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

I will let you know, KMB.  Thanks for your reassuring words.  One thing that I never understood, and I hear this a lot, is that they wouldn't want us to be sad.  If that's true I wonder what they would expect, that we'd be joyful?  Really?  What choice do we have?  We have lost the most important person in our lives.  Yup, we're going to be shipwrecked.  Sorry, but that's just the way it is - at least to me.

That is very encouraging about your friend and her husband.

• Members

Hi Jeff, I don't understand a lot about the afterlife either. I've read that our loved ones are at peace, the afterlife is a beautiful place and is our true home. I've read that we are spiritual beings just having a life experience here and when it's time, we go back. I am so miserable without my husband. We were always together in this life.

When you have your reading, find a way to record it. So you don't forget anything and always have a reference of comfort to go back to when needed. Any questions you need answered, write them down ahead of time. My friend forgot to do all this.

• Moderators

Jeff, of course they don't want us to be sad, why would they?  But they also understand that we are!  They'd be the first to understand us!  

I, too, don't think they hold any judgment for us...these are the ones we were closest to, that understood us and our responses more than anyone else could.  

• Members
On 9/27/2016 at 11:09 PM, Jeff In Denver said:

Let’s face it, there is only one thing that can have a dramatic effect on the grief recovery process for those who
suffer the loss of a loved one . . . the knowledge that they still survive. By survive I am not referring to some
vague faith based notion that they live on in our hearts or sit strumming harps on clouds in the heavens. I am
suggesting the evidence-based reality that our minds (consciousness or soul if you prefer) simply transition to
life in a non-physical realm.

Always keep the ultimate goal in mind. If you should become convinced by the evidence that your loved one
survives, envision how differently you would feel knowing that death is merely stepping through a doorway
into another room."

This gives peace .. Thank you 

Archived