Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost not found

Yvileyez

• Members

Loss has been a part of my life before. Have lost several close friends and family members...but with my Daddy gone now..it's unbearable..can't sleep..can't eat..can't parent or live effectively. I feel like im a failure and a disappointment.  He passed from cancer and I cared for him daily til his last breath here in our home. Now it doesn't feel.like home anymore. I don't feel like me anymore..lost myself somewhere..lost alone and sooo tired. Any words of comfort or understanding ...encouragement.. something. I want to feel something and open to suggestions...endless lonely painful nights I can't bare... and no one seems to care or understand. 

• Members

Dear Yvileyez,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved Father. You sound like an amazing daughter. He was so lucky to have such a kind and thoughtful caregiver. I also cared for my dad at home till he passed in the hospital. I don't believe there are any words. 2 months later, I am still struggling to understand. I hope you find comfort in being with your family and friends during this difficult time. I've tried to read and find comforting words where I can, but I still cannot accept my dad's passing. Everyone tells me it will take time, but I don't believe it. Thinking of you. ((((hugs)))) Please know, I care and understand. And I'm sorry for your pain and sorrow.

• Members
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 1:03 AM, Yvileyez said:

Loss has been a part of my life before. Have lost several close friends and family members...but with my Daddy gone now..it's unbearable..can't sleep..can't eat..can't parent or live effectively. I feel like im a failure and a disappointment.  He passed from cancer and I cared for him daily til his last breath here in our home. Now it doesn't feel.like home anymore. I don't feel like me anymore..lost myself somewhere..lost alone and sooo tired. Any words of comfort or understanding ...encouragement.. something. I want to feel something and open to suggestions...endless lonely painful nights I can't bare... and no one seems to care or understand. 

I completely understand your feelings. I am not alone, but I feel lonely. And you're right...no one understands. My husband and his family don't get it...even my sister doesn't. I think my Mom is the only one who understands. Her and I took loosing my dad the hardest. 

I want to believe it gets better from here...but I'm honestly not sure it will and if it does- when?

I know in the moment, it doesn't feel like much, but I really am so sorry for your loss. I helped care for my Dad as well in my sister's home. He had Parkinson's Disease. I was told of his passing while I was at work. My sister was in the other room when he passed and though I know she was technically there in the house, I worry he was all alone when he took his last breath.

I know life is confusing and empty right now. I will keep you in my thoughts. I pray we both can make sense of our loss.

Sorry if this was all jumbled and all over the place...its hard to put words to these overwhelming feelings. Hang in there.

Archived