Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my dad today

Kt0206

• Members

Just a moment ago after going through facebooks "on this day" feature, I had a status of me telling my friends how much I missed my dad. My dad traveled all over Texas for business trips, and when he would leave I would miss his home cooked meals, talks, and advice. My mom and I would argue a lot when I was younger. We just didn't seem to understand each other. I eventually figured out it could possibly be because I'm a Gemini and she's a cancer. Anyways, my dad always knew how and what to say to me to make me happy again...he was the one I would talk to if I was having trouble with friends, or a boy. All of my friends were shocked that I shared my feelings to my dad. A lot of my friends couldn't talk to their dads the way I did. My father was like my mom too. When my parents were going through a divorce, things got really tough at home. But, my dad would always make sure my brother and I were fed, did our homework, and would spend time with us before we went to bed. He never made my mom look bad even though she put him through hell...my dad made things easier for my little brother and I through the divorce. 

It's so hard losing the one person you need the most, and depended on the most. Just a moment ago I was crying...feeling alone, sad, and scared. Whenever I felt like that my dad automatically had a feeling something was wrong and we would sit on the couch and jusy talk about whatever was bothering me and my dad would always remind me God is always with us...he always knew what to say and when to say it. So just a moment ago when I was feeling all these emotions, I texted my mom to talk to her...& nothing. My mom just told me to go see a guidance counselor.........not really what I wanted to hear. I just needed that comfort that my dad would give me...it's horrible losing someone you depended on and didn't expect to lose them so soon.....I'll never have him walk me down the aisle...have a father daughter dance...these things get to me, and stick out to me so much. 

*this was just me getting my feelings out there* 

• Members

Im so sorry....but I unfortunately can relate. I have had a smiliar relationship with my mom, who passed away two months ago. I know my dad loves me as well, but he never quite knows what to say or how to comfort me or just say what I need to hear. My mom always knew it somehow...always said exactly what I needed, I could tell her anything, she was my biggest support and best friend...I also feel terrible when I think about things my mom will miss out on, like, helping me through my first pregnancy (I honestly dont even feel like having kids if my mom cant be around to help me with it)...everything just feels less meaningful without her around. 

Its always so terrible to lose your loved one. Getting your thoughts and feelings out is a great way to help you heal (at least a bit). Hang in there,...

Archived