Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Comfort For You? Please See This Short Video.

Jeff In Denver

• Members
Jeff In Denver

This might give you some reassurance that your loved one is still here.  He offers a free e-book on self-mediumship on Amazon.  It's called "Afterlife."  If you don't have a Kindle (and I don't), you can download a free PC reader.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YK5AD8U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1#nav-subnav

• Moderators

Thank you for that, Jeff.  I've always maintained that they are energy and as such, their spirit does not die.  I don't claim to understand how this works, only that it does.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

KayC, I find that very interesting.  It seems that this stuff is being taken very seriously.  Not related, but I meet with my psychologist this afternoon.  She is on board with afterlife concepts and beliefs.

It's funny, two weeks ago I was relatively okay during our session, and was feeling guilty about that. I was thinking that I might not need any more sessions.  Today I will be a crying mess.  I can't wait to see her.

How are you feeling today?

• Members
claribassist13

I know that our loved ones are still with us, mostly because I've felt my fiance since his passing. 
Thanks for sharing the video, I'll be sure to look at it when I have a little more time to do so. 

5 hours ago, Jeff In Denver said:

was relatively okay during our session, and was feeling guilty about that. I was thinking that I might not need any more sessions.  Today I will be a crying mess.  I can't wait to see her.

I can relate to feeling this way. I have some counseling sessions that are alright, and I always feel bad about that. Then again, I have many sessions of which I am a giant mess. I think it's just another demonstration of how grief hits us in waves. It's always there, but sometimes we can keep our heads above the water for just a bit. 
I hope that you session today is productive!

• Members
Jeff In Denver

Thanks, claribassist13.  The session with the psychologist helped, and she taught me a breathing and relaxing technique for the really bad times.  I had been using an anti-anxiety drug when it's really bad.

I am now getting a little sad feeling that when I talk to her, it's one-sided.  Not her fault, of course. I have asked her to come to me at night, I have asked for signs.  Nothing.  I'm not mad.   It just makes me more lonely and hopeless.

Today I feel completely lost.  My goal is usually to stop crying long enough before I get to work so that I look normal.  I usually fail.  It's a 27-minute walk.

• Members
claribassist13

Jeff, 

Something I have been struggling with is trying to force myself to be further along than I am. Sure, it would be good to not go into work looking like a mess, but at this point, it is more than you can expect of yourself. Remember to give yourself permission to be exactly where you are.

I am glad to hear that you had an alright session. I know that it helps me to have someone completely removed from my situation to talk to.

Remember that Mila has other family as well. In all the times that she is not with you, she is with them. At least, that's how I like to think of it.  

• Moderators

To both of you, it is common to have ups and downs, to do well, and then to feel giant setbacks, it's all part of the journey.  It's okay to cry, we aren't in a marathon on this journey, it continues...

• Members
Jeff In Denver

Claribassist13, you are where you should be in the grieving process. Please give yourself that same permission.   You can't rush it.  Also, you made a good point about Mila being with her family, too.  I don't mean to be selfish!

BTW, my psychologist is plugged into the life-after-life concept.

Are you feeling better at all?

• Members
claribassist13

Jeff,

I am definitely working on it. It will likely be a long process, though. 

I say that about Mila because I am sure that my fiance is doing the same thing. I can feel him occasionally, and I know that he must be watching me. But I also know that he loved his family dearly. I would feel awful if he was spending all of his time with me. His family is hurting just as much. 
It's hard not to be selfish, though. Sometimes I wish I was the only person in his life (purely for my own selfishness, I would never want that kind of life for someone like him).

My counselor is into it as well, but I can't tell if that is her belief or simply because that is what I believe.

Better, as I am sure you can relate, is a relative term. I recently started back to school which I brought up a whole host of new issues to face and additional stresses. I have a feeling that things won't really be all that great from here on out. The holidays will come soon, along with my year mark. It just kind of looms over me as I try to deal with school. It's one day at a time, and sometimes one minute at a time.  

• Members
velvettuberose
10 hours ago, KayC said:

I wonder, are their spirits limited to one place at a time, since they aren't in a physical body?

I think they are brought to a place by people who think about them. Our energy interacts with theirs at any time. We just don't perceive it so accurately. 

• Members
velvettuberose
18 hours ago, claribassist13 said:

Jeff,

I am definitely working on it. It will likely be a long process, though. 

I say that about Mila because I am sure that my fiance is doing the same thing. I can feel him occasionally, and I know that he must be watching me. But I also know that he loved his family dearly. I would feel awful if he was spending all of his time with me. His family is hurting just as much. 
It's hard not to be selfish, though. Sometimes I wish I was the only person in his life (purely for my own selfishness, I would never want that kind of life for someone like him).

My counselor is into it as well, but I can't tell if that is her belief or simply because that is what I believe.

Better, as I am sure you can relate, is a relative term. I recently started back to school which I brought up a whole host of new issues to face and additional stresses. I have a feeling that things won't really be all that great from here on out. The holidays will come soon, along with my year mark. It just kind of looms over me as I try to deal with school. It's one day at a time, and sometimes one minute at a time.  

And I am right behind you. It terrifies me thinking how I am going to react. 

• Members
claribassist13
4 hours ago, velvettuberose said:

And I am right behind you. It terrifies me thinking how I am going to react. 

We'll get through it. We deal with it as it comes, and we'll make it through. 

• Members
velvettuberose
21 hours ago, claribassist13 said:

We'll get through it. We deal with it as it comes, and we'll make it through. 

Thank you, Jo.

• Moderators
On 9/22/2016 at 5:43 PM, velvettuberose said:

I think they are brought to a place by people who think about them. Our energy interacts with theirs at any time. We just don't perceive it so accurately. 

If that's the case, George must be with me all the time then!

• Members
velvettuberose
9 hours ago, KayC said:

If that's the case, George must be with me all the time then!

He is.

• Members

Archived