Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

In disbelief and lost

Shanie 1990

• Members

My younger brother past away 2 September 2016 at the age of 26. I can't focus on anything and I am trying to look after my father as he found my brother in bed already gone. I traveled interstate leaving everything to be with my father to make ensure he is ok. I have been making sure he eats and talks about the painful passing.

I am trying to be as strong as I can to help him heal but we aimlessly walk around the house in disbelief and anger and still so much shock.

I feel so guilty as I am 38 and have lived a life with fear and pain and know my brother would've made more of life then I have and do. I feel terrible that he past away when I sometimes give up on life while he was so vibrant and more deserving of living then I.

I miss him so much and as i look at my father i see his pain and wish I could fix everything but I don't know how to begin.

It all feels like a horrible nightmare that I want to wake up from

• Members

Shanie,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your brother. I would suggest that you may want to talk to a professional and find ways to cope with the trauma you've obviously suffered (I'm assuming because of your life with fear and pain--and forgive me if I've misread that). 

You can help your father by talking with him and sharing your feelings and allowing him to share his. This is all new to you both, and it will take some time to begin to heal. Perhaps your father would be interested in joining our "Loss of a Child" forum? Our members are wonderful in that group. They will be able to guide and encourage him. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived