Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a brother to Homocide

K8lynnGrace

• Members

It's been a while, so maybe it's a bit strange to only be posting this now. But my older brother passed away in January of this year. He was killed at random at 24 and was my only sibling. Since then I have had a hard time accepting and coping with his death. I often find myself still not believing it happened, which frustrates me. I loved my brother more than I can ever begin to express, and I feel like even now 8 months later that I am not myself. I used to be this happy, bubbly talkative person. But now I feel sensitive and like I am more grumpy, over dramatic and not as fun to be around anymore. I want to be myself again and I feel like I'm struggling. I don't know what to do, or how to move forward and feel like I'm slipping farther and farther away from who I want to be. Is this normal? Are there any steps towards becoming myself again. I sometimes feel it, but it's in short bursts, like maybe an hour or less, and then I feel exhausted. I hate this feeling of losing myself. 

• Members

I am very sorry for your loss as I understand all your feelings as I lost my beautiful 26 yr old brother 2 September 2016 and I am struggling so much to believe he is gone. I don't want to believe it and I feel so lost and don't know how I ever will understand his passing. I wish I could give you a hug and let you know your not alone. I have been trying to be strong for my father to make sure he is ok but I find myself so exhausted like you. I am happy to listen and share this hard time together as I know I'm not going to heal for a long time. Take care and know I'm here for you

Archived