Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Stevie

Gracehere

• Members

My sister passed away at 18 at the beginning of this year in a car crash. We were best friends so I need to know what I'm supposed to do now. I've never felt more lonely in my entire life I feel to blame because, well their are so many reasons why it's partially my doing. I could of done 50 things differently that would of changed that day in an instant. Been with her, gotten the tyre changed by somebody else, not been so concerned with money, not been hung up on a guy that can't even matter anymore, and I could have been nicer. I need to know what to do now because it's everywhere I look and It sucks and I couldn't put it into words if I tried, whatever this feeling is and it's been 9 months and if I let myself think about her for more than a second I break and it's pathetic and I just want help now.

So how can I fix this, we did everything together and at this point I've blocked out All of it so I wouldn't have to feel this but it's not working anymore and I haven't been sleeping. What do i do now ? What's the stage after all the stages of is it just a loop of **** and am I gonna be this new person. I just need help

• Members

I'm very sorry you have lost your sister. You can get through this by stop blocking it. Start talking about how you feel. Start remember her, and if you need to cry--then do it. There is no shame or weakness in showing emotion. In fact, it's hard to do. Talking is the best way to heal. 

We all have regrets when we lose our loved ones. "What if..." will drive you crazy! We all wish we could go back and be nicer, spend more time, laugh more, etc., but we can't. Instead, we can remember what we had and cherish it. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived