Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  
StevenKelly

My Sister in Law Jumped off of a Building

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/may/25/woman-dead-after-jump-riviera/

My wife's little sister jumped off of the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas in May of last year and then my wife passed away on August 12th of this year. To say our family has suffered a tremendous loss would be an understatement. That's all that is left of my wife's family is her mother and youngest sister, her father having passed away about 5 years ago.

My wife never got over her sisters death and would cry everyday over it which is why at this time we also speculate that my wife may have died of a broken heart. My wife was a very strong person and would never accept even the suggestion of grief counseling, I used to ask her to go constantly.

I miss my wife so much and as you can expect I've also been greatly affected by her sisters death, Karla and I got along really well she was quiet a great person with the best personality and an amazing sense of humor, she was also a huge Bears fan that made us all become fans whether we wanted to or not. My wifes family did a huge Bears game outing with a tailgating extravaganza, every year and now the two sisters are gone basically in about one years time. As you can imagine the outings are over with, my wife and her sister were the biggest energies at them.

My sister in law contracted a rare disease called neurosarcoidosis and she told people that she was having a lot of trouble dealing with the pain. She went from perfectly healthy to the end in about 9 months. She told my wife during their last visit together that it felt like flaming needles were being pushed into every inch of her body and then a few days later she walked out of the house without saying a word and went and jumped. I didn't understand her husbands grief at the time, now I do. That's all I know is that he was never home after that and had a hard time communicating with my wife's family because it was to painful a reminder. My wife called him about once a month though and talked to him for hours, she was the only one who could get through to him, she was an amazing person in so many ways, I now don't know how to cope with the loss of her I'm a beaten man.

StevenKelly,

I am so very sorry for the devastating losses you have suffered. Would it be possible for you to call your sister-in-law's husband and reach out to him? Perhaps he would have some sage advice for you. Also, I hope you are considering possible grief counseling? I am no expert, but I do know that the best way to heal is to talk about our pain, our emotions, our loved ones. So, please continue to come here to talk and consider looking in the "Loss of a Partner" forum (a little up the page from this forum). There are many people there who have lost their beloved partners. They may be able to encourage and support you.

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

On 9/12/2016 at 7:18 PM, ModKonnie said:

StevenKelly,

I am so very sorry for the devastating losses you have suffered. Would it be possible for you to call your sister-in-law's husband and reach out to him? Perhaps he would have some sage advice for you. Also, I hope you are considering possible grief counseling? I am no expert, but I do know that the best way to heal is to talk about our pain, our emotions, our loved ones. So, please continue to come here to talk and consider looking in the "Loss of a Partner" forum (a little up the page from this forum). There are many people there who have lost their beloved partners. They may be able to encourage and support you.

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Hi Konnie, yes I reached out to my sister in law's husband and we spoke on the phone and vowed to stay in touch. That helps but although he has a great attitude about the whole thing he is still very broken up about the loss and 16 months later has still not touched anything of hers, it's all right where she left it...........everything. We cried together and remembered the sisters that were taken to young, together.

I've been going to a support group once a week but haven't accomplished much, I'm not sure that it's for me. There is a speaker at the beginning that eats up a lot of time with the technical and religious aspects of grieving and I still barely know the people at my table, two have already abandon our table of ten. Why this is a problem is that I just want to talk about my wife and what a great person she was, I think that will help me the most. My wife's best friend calls once a week but we just cry together and get frustrated at why my beautiful healthy wife had to go so suddenly, it's pretty much me consoling her which is fine I'm ok with having that job. What's left of my wife's family have gone into seclusion, I don't blame them, two sisters/daughters lost in such a short time. I was told my mother in law drank to the point of having to be hospitalized. I start a new job tomorrow, one that will eat up a lot of hours everyday, I guess that will have to do for now.

Thanks for your concern.

StevenKelly,

I am glad you are reaching out. While you've met some roadblocks, it sounds as though you are attempting to move forward. Congratulations on the new job! How exciting. I hope it's something you really want to do? 

It's okay to just cry with anyone and every:)one and talk about your wife. How touching that your wife's best friend calls you. That honestly almost made me cry at the thought. :)

Good luck at work! 

ModKonnie

Hello Stevenkelly,

Firstly I want to send my condolences to you.  You are a very strong man. I am sure you don't feel as though you are, but for you to post about your family takes strength. I too lost my significant other just last month. He had a fatal motorcycle accident. He was very young himself. We are expecting our first baby together in 3 months. I know you don't go a day without thinking about your amazing wife. I know for me, I have to solely rely on God for my strength and comfort. Know that as low as you are, he is right with us. Always remember that your wife is not lost. God knows exactly where she is. She is in heaven with him. Find comfort knowing that she is no longer suffering and she is waiting for you to see her again. Until that day we meet our loved ones again, keep their memory alive.  Talk about her everyday even if you find yourself talking to yourself. Know that it may seem like you are alone, but I assure you that you are not alone. If it's in God's will,  he is allowing your wife to hear and comfort you in your time of storm. I pray for your strength, peace and comfort. You are a fighter and when you feel that you can't fight any longer, let God do the rest.