Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Why can't II talk to her

darcy12

• Members

Kayla sadly passed away suddenly on the 5.5.16 she was just aged 2. I have a older daughter who is 8 and I don't know how to talk to her about her sister the school and everyone that knows her says its not it hit her or she don't understand but then when she trys to ask me questions I push her away because I don't know how to answer them am I a bad mum. I let her go to the funeral but never to see her sisters body. Any help on how to answer a 8 yr old please

• Members

I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have these conversations with your child while you are still grieving.  I don't have any advice from an experience standpoint but it might be helpful to look online or at the bookstore for books on helping children grieve and go from there.

• Members

I think she has for gotten her sister as she no longer bring her up or says her name no more but I do have a box with keep sakes in for her for when she is older x

Archived