Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Unexpected loss of Mother

Kezzabear

• Members

I lost my mum about 8 months ago now. It was completely unexpected and I couldn't quite believe it had actually happened. I was only 20, approaching my 21st birthday and my younger sister only 15. My mum fell and hit her face and her heart just stopped. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her. She was fit, healthy and only 44. It was diagnosed as Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS) and I wondered whether anyone had any experience of this happening to people they know? I'm starting to heal slowly but still have days where I feel so low I won't do anything. I'm dreading Christmas the most.

• Members

I haven't dealt with this personally, but I wanted to write to you anyway in support.  It's tragic that you and your sister have lost a parent so young.  This board has a lot of young adult grievers so if you look around you will find a community of young people also grieving.  It helps me feel less alone.  Wishing you the best.

• Members

I've lost my mother as well . Not in the same way, but from cancer. I am so so sorry for your loss. I am going thru the same type of grief too . 

Archived