Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My little Sammy Girl

catgirl095

• Members

Last Thursday, August 25, I arrived home from work to find my Samantha had passed.  I had had her for 19 years, she would have been 20 in November.  I know she was old, even for a cat, but it doesn't make it any easier.  I left that morning knowing she did not look right and she did not sound right and I was really worried about her and called after arriving at work and made a vet appt for her.  I had to go to work that day because I had just returned to work after having a 3 week medical leave due to surgery for cancer.  And I am only a temp to hire and have been in this position less than a year.  The last two years have been really rough and this little girl of mine was there for me.  Purring, sitting on my lap, licking my face,  I have comfort knowing she is with her brothers,  but I miss her so very much.  I feel so bad because last Tuesday I pushed here away because I was not feeling so well.  I had scolded her recently for peeing on my floor and knocking my lamp over.  I can't remember if I greeted her when I came home on Wednesday.  I always greeted her but I feel I was preoccupied that day as I do not remember.  What I wouldn't do to have her here with me.  I miss her so very much.  Miss her little meow when she saw me walk through the door and her coming when I called her and her sitting on my lap.  

IMG_0322.JPG

• Moderators

Oh I am so sorry!  She is beautiful!  I lost a cat at 19 a few years ago and recently lost another elderly cat (I didn't know her age), and nearly lost my 20 year old Kitty two weeks ago.  It's very hard, we're so attached, they are definitely family.  My condolences...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw

• Members

Such a beautiful furbaby,I'm so sorry for your loss,I had to have my Kawala put down at 20,she had kidney disease,it was so hard to do,next month will be two years,the 10th,not a day goes by I don't think of her and cry still,always treasure your memories.

When the timing is right,you'll be reunited,don't think you done Sammy wrong,you didn't,prayers sent your way

Archived