Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My mom has been my everything, I cant find motivation to go on without her

Maya77

• Members

Hello everyone, I lost my mom a few days ago to a terminal illness. Im 26 and she was 50 when she died, so young, she was my everything. My best friend, we could talk for hours on end, I could tell her everything, she was always supportive, she was my rock in this world. I have no siblings, and my dad has been taking the loss very badly as well. I dont know what to do without my mom. I know she would want me to live on and pursue my dreams and goals, but I just cant. Nothing will be the same without her. The void she left is too big...It doesnt feel right to go on without her.

• Members

Hugs Maya .... I am so sorry for your loss.  You are right, she's gone way too soon.  My heart goes out to you and your dad.  Although your mom was terminally ill, it is still a shock to the system when a loved one is taken "home."  You may feel numb for awhile as it takes time to absorb such a loss but time really is a healer.  For now, just allow yourself to feel the feelings ... let the tears flow because losing a loved one is the hardest thing that we got through in this life.  Hang on to all that your dear mom taught you and gave you ... hold those things close to your heart and she will always be there until you meet again.    You are right about the fact that nothing will be the same without her.  A peace of us goes with them but when you are stronger, try to live on and pursue your dreams and goals just as you know your mom would want.  That is the best way that we can honour our parents.

Take care and know that you are in my prayers for comfort during this difficult time.

Cindy Jane

Archived