Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Star Gazers

Persephone_93

• Members
Persephone_93
We would drive
Drive into the quiet of the night and sit beneath the stars and gaze fondly as we talked. 

We talked for hours, about everything. 
Music, life, politics
Stress and setbacks 
The supernatural, extraterrestrial,
No subjects were off limits. 
And we would laugh.

Laugh so hard and talk for so long that
The only distraction from the world we had created for ourselves 
Was the sun upon our faces and the cheery birds,
Reminding us we needed to return to the mundane task that was life. 

And it was in those types of moments, 
Where the realms of reality would melt away to leave us encased in pure contentment,
That I knew I was home. 
With him was the only place I ever wanted to be.

And so I say in my loneliest hour 
to my soul mate, my teacher, my best friend and my lover
Please help guide me on my journey on this earth without you, 
And take it easy up there until we meet again. 

My everlasting love, 

Your Vicky.  

• Members
claribassist13

Your poem is beautiful. Be sure to keep writing and expressing yourself!

• Moderators

I love your poem!  It could have been written by any of us (IF we had the talent!). :)

• Members
Persephone_93

My partner passed away 3 months ago today.

3 weeks before we were due to emmigrate to Australia and start our new lives together. 

My life literally got turned upside down overnight. I was so close to having everything I ever wanted from life...and now i'm starting from the ground up again :( 

Sometimes its really, really hard. I've made the decision to go ahead and travel on my own and emmigrate by myself. 

It was a tough decision, but at least I have the chance of a fresh start. Life can be anything I want it to be now. Just because I lost my love doesn't mean another life should be lost. I'm living for the both of us now.

• Members
Lucylocket1712

Good for you, losing a loved one makes you re evaluate life, go start your next chapter xx

• Moderators

Good luck to you.  I am sorry for your loss, you are right, it does turn our lives upside down.

• Members
6 hours ago, Persephone_93 said:

My partner passed away 3 months ago today.

3 weeks before we were due to emmigrate to Australia and start our new lives together. 

My life literally got turned upside down overnight. I was so close to having everything I ever wanted from life...and now i'm starting from the ground up again :( 

Sometimes its really, really hard. I've made the decision to go ahead and travel on my own and emmigrate by myself. 

It was a tough decision, but at least I have the chance of a fresh start. Life can be anything I want it to be now. Just because I lost my love doesn't mean another life should be lost. I'm living for the both of us now.

Where are you from Persephone_93?  I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  I lost my fiancé 3.5 months from our destination wedding.  Our ultimate goal was to travel the world. I'm planning on solo female travel and bring my small urn of my fiancé with me.  Its going to be hard, because we were supposed to be doing this together and now I'm alone.  How are you doing since you moved to Australia?  Do you have family and friends there?

• Members
Persephone_93

Hi Krantz, 

My heart goes out to you.

It seems fate has handed us the same raw deal. 

Im from the UK. I haven't gone to Australia yet, the flights were booked too soon after the accident for me to go when we had origionally planned. Now I am going through the hardship of getting everything refunded through my insurance. More stress! 

I know only a few people in Australia and I'm travelling to a few countries before I end up there. 

Fortunately I an quite independant, I had always planned on going it just so happened that I met someone great with the same goals as me - so the prospect doesn't seem all that scary to me. Being alone isn't hard - its being without HIM that's the difficult part.

I can't wait to go in a few weeks and leave this ghost town behind! 

X

• Moderators

I have to admire someone who would travel alone, especially after losing their partner...you're braver than I am but then I think it will help you, you'll be taking him with you regardless.

Archived