Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Received Two Gifts

Jeff In Denver

• Members
Jeff In Denver

I was having a problem with my girlfriend Mila's son.  When everyone was praying for her, he was playing with his phone.  When the hospice team was at the house, he was watching TV.  He was always disengaged.  I was trying to get the ashes, but he wasn't being very helpful.  Well, as odd as it sounds, on Saturday I talked to her picture and asked for some kind of sign. Yesterday the father and son drove 11 miles to my house and brought me the ashes.  It was very painful, but made me feel better.  Now, when I talk to her photo I hold the box.  It makes me feel closer to her.  The timing is probably a coincidence, but I wonder...

Today a friend of mine sent me an e-mail containing a voicemail from her (to him) regarding a surprise birthday party for me last fall.  He lives in the mountains, and it's quite a drive, but he and his wife made it.

He thought it would bring me down, but I loved hearing her voice again, with her heavy Spanish accent.  It's the only thing in English that I have of her, thanks to T-Mobile deleting all of my voicemails a while ago.  I do have a CD of her from a while back when she did a radio interview, but it was in Spanish.  I will guard this voicemail with my life.

I'd give anything to have her back.  I will ask her for another sign.

• Members

That's awesome Jeff!   I too had many signs and continue to have them 2 years later.  I honestly believe that my husband is watching over me.  Hope you get more signs!!

• Members
Jeff In Denver

That's really cool, Marty.   I hope you receive more, also.  Do those seem like they might be signs from her?  

• Moderators

I didn't expect all of George's voice messages to be deleted two weeks after his death either, and about a year after his death, his voice messages on my landline recorded over. :(  I'd give anything to have them back, but at least I still remember his voice in my mind.  I'm so glad you were able to get that, that is a true treasure!

• Members
8 minutes ago, Jeff In Denver said:

That's really cool, Marty.   I hope you receive more, also.  Do those seem like they might be signs from her?  

ABSOLUTELY, I think it's your beloved :-)  She will forever be with you and you will hear her, feel her, and even smell her!!!  I know I have many times with my husband.

• Members
Jeff In Denver
Just now, Marty2121 said:

ABSOLUTELY, I think it's your beloved :-)  She will forever be with you and you will hear her, feel her, and even smell her!!!  I know I have many times with my husband.

Thank you so much.  You have made my day.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Jeff In Denver said:

Thank you so much.  You have made my day.

yay!!  some days can actually be bearable!  Please continue to enjoy it!

• Members
claribassist13
5 hours ago, Jeff In Denver said:

Yesterday the father and son drove 11 miles to my house and brought me the ashes.  It was very painful, but made me feel better.  Now, when I talk to her photo I hold the box.  It makes me feel closer to her.  The timing is probably a coincidence, but I wonder...

Today a friend of mine sent me an e-mail containing a voicemail from her (to him) regarding a surprise birthday party for me last fall.  He lives in the mountains, and it's quite a drive, but he and his wife made it.

He thought it would bring me down, but I loved hearing her voice again, with her heavy Spanish accent.  It's the only thing in English that I have of her, thanks to T-Mobile deleting all of my voicemails a while ago.  I do have a CD of her from a while back when she did a radio interview, but it was in Spanish.  I will guard this voicemail with my life.

I'd give anything to have her back.  I will ask her for another sign.

I am so glad that you have received some of these things. I know that I cherish any voice recording I have of my fiance. Having her ashes must be special as well. 
Signs from our loved ones can come in many forms. What is important is how you take these things. Sometimes what you deem significant may not seem like it to another. These signs will be personal to you, so enjoy all of the ones you find!

Archived