Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My wife Tammy

mittam99

• Members

Hi, my name is Mitch. I lost my beautiful wife Tammy suddenly on March 6, 2015. She was my whole world and my soul mate. My life since then has been filled with anguish and much pain. Tammy was only 45 years old. She suffered through much medical trauma over the years and fought her battle with Lupus with amazing courage, grace and humor. She was and always will be my inspiration and I will love her forever and always. She is my precious angel. 

I've been active at another online grief group since her death and have learned much on my grief journey. I've also tried to help others the best I can as they struggle with their own grief. I hope to become an active member here as well. My wish is that all of us can find some light in the darkness that is grief.

Grief... the painful journey none of us wanted to take.

• Members
Forever His x

Hi , 

i am also unfortunately on this grief journey or being dragged through it . 

i am 24 and my beautiful man was only 26 , he was everything to me and also the father to our 15 month old son . i know we were young but we had everything because we had each other , we were so lucky to have fount each other to go through our journey of life together . now its been taken .
i have been torn apart and put through a shredder yet my body is still in tack and im moving , well i think its "me" .  
its nice to talk to others who understand but its not as it means we are experiencing the same pain . 

im also very sorry for your loss .

• Moderators

Mitch,

Wishing you the best, your Tammy is beautiful, it's no wonder you miss her so!

• Members

Thank you both. Tammy was beautiful inside and out. Her smile would light up the room.

Tammy...

My one and only true love.

• Members
claribassist13

I think it's admirable that you want to help others who are not as far long in their grief journeys. A lot of people will really benefit from having someone with a little more experience on here. 

• Members
On 7/14/2016 at 1:10 AM, claribassist13 said:

I think it's admirable that you want to help others who are not as far long in their grief journeys. A lot of people will really benefit from having someone with a little more experience on here. 

I know how devastating this journey is. A year I ago I couldn't imagine going on with my life. Living a life without Tammy seemed meaningless and futile. But, a year later  I'm still here. I've learned to live life with Tammy in my heart. She's with me with every step I take, heart and soul. That's the only way I can live in this life of grief. Knowing that I'm a different and better person having spent 15 years with Tammy as my wife... my special angel.  I'm trying to honor her by trying to help others who have lost their soul mate and see no hope in this life. Life will never be the same but you can find meaning in this new life all the while never forgetting your lost love.

Mitch

• Members
claribassist13

I'll feel better when I can finally get to that spot. 

• Members
velvettuberose
On 7/16/2016 at 1:11 PM, mittam99 said:

I know how devastating this journey is. A year I ago I couldn't imagine going on with my life. Living a life without Tammy seemed meaningless and futile. But, a year later  I'm still here. I've learned to live life with Tammy in my heart. She's with me with every step I take, heart and soul. That's the only way I can live in this life of grief. Knowing that I'm a different and better person having spent 15 years with Tammy as my wife... my special angel.  I'm trying to honor her by trying to help others who have lost their soul mate and see no hope in this life. Life will never be the same but you can find meaning in this new life all the while never forgetting your lost love.

Mitch

Maybe a year from now...Even after 6 months since my Walter passed at 45 too, I am finding myself not knowing how to cope with his absence. It hurts so much. I will never forget him and the love that we shared. Never!

• Members
claribassist13
4 hours ago, velvettuberose said:

I will never forget him and the love that we shared. Never!

He won't ever forget either!

• Members
velvettuberose
4 hours ago, claribassist13 said:

He won't ever forget either!

I hope he won't because I love him so much and it hurts like hell. Walter was my life and he won't come back. I just want to scream.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, velvettuberose said:

Maybe a year from now...Even after 6 months since my Walter passed

I've heard it said six months is one of the hardest periods to go through because reality has set in, support has often moved on/gone home, and you realize he's not walking through that door.  It took me about three years to process my husband's death, although I'm sure everyone is different.

• Members
claribassist13
11 hours ago, velvettuberose said:

I hope he won't because I love him so much and it hurts like hell. Walter was my life and he won't come back. I just want to scream.

You know he won't. Keep that in your head. 

• Members
velvettuberose

Thank you, Clari and Kay, for your support. It is really hard. I cry from every little thing. Anxiety kicks in at all times. It is crazy. It is like I am going insane.

• Members
claribassist13
1 hour ago, velvettuberose said:

Thank you, Clari and Kay, for your support. It is really hard. I cry from every little thing. Anxiety kicks in at all times. It is crazy. It is like I am going insane.

And all of that is perfectly acceptable. What we are going through is one of the worst experiences life has to throw at us. We are going to be a little crazy sometimes. 

• Moderators

None of us will lose our love or forget each other.  Even Dementia is limited to here, once we pass we are made intact again.  My father passed over 34 years ago, and for 32 years my mom couldn't wait to "go be with him".  At the end, however, her dementia became advanced and one day she said, "I used to have a husband named Mick.  I don't know what happened to him, we must have divorced or something."  It was her way of trying to connect the missing pieces in her memory.

I assured her that they would never have divorced, that they always loved each other and that daddy had been waiting in heaven for 32 years for her.  She cried (happy tears) at that thought.  She died not too long after, and I firmly believe they are finally together again.

Archived