Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Trav's Dad

• Members
Trav's Dad

Hello all, just trying to make sense of it all.

I can't believe he is gone, at age 33, an accidental drug overdose. I have his ashes here, took him on a tour of the farm today, the places we used to go.

I thought that would help with the grief but it seems to be worse. I had him strapped to the back of the four wheeler, stopped at various points to talk to him.

The one month anniversary snuck up on me, wondered why I was feeling so down, then I realized it was one month to the day. Still can't seem to snap out of it.

I have good support from my wife (not his Mom) she is a big part of why I am not wallowing in despair. It's hard to talk to my parents, they spent a lot of time with him when he was younger, I was busy working, they did a lot of the raising. I guess they have their own grief to work through.

It's difficult to talk about it to my remaining Son, Trav's younger brother. They did not get on well the last couple of years.

Thanks for reading.

• Members
Alina's mom

So sorry for your loss. I know how it's painful... I lost my daughter from the same terrible reason on may 22. She was only 24 y.o. and only child. 

Here the link for you and you can find a group of support in your area: www.griefshare.org

• Members

Hi Alina's Mom, thank you for your words of support. Please allow me to share in your loss, I am truly sorry for the loss of your daughter.

All I can say is hang in there. Wiser people than me have said that we will always miss our loved one and that the pain never really goes away,

but that our lives have to go on.

I hope to go on to help others, try to avoid what has happened to our children.

Best wishes.

• Members

I take Bran's ashes places all the time. Places he wanted to see. Places he loves to go. I have a necklace that holds some of his ashes too, unfortunately I'm allergic to the metal. Sometimes I just deal with that until my skin starts to bleed. In some ways, the pain of wearing his ashes becoming physical just makes sense... a feeling I can't adequately describe. 

It's hard to know if I makes me feel better or worse or none of the above... I feel so flat. But I know that when it's done, I want to take him out again. 

Archived