Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Searching for someone like me....

shaye4gsus

• Members

Hello. I just found this site after searching for a forum for "only" children who have lost both parents. I wanted to post in hopes of finding someone like me, maybe in my situation, to become friends.

I am 24, Married, and have 1 child (he is 3). I live in Oklahoma.

My mother went to be with Jesus due to cancer when i was 15. She battled it pretty hard for almost 6 years. She was my everything and I love and miss her daily.

My dad joined her there when I was 20, only 2 weeks after I got married. He was in a horrible motorcycle wreck and didn't make it.

I have a strong foundation with Jesus. He is my helper, and my provider. And dont get me wrong, there are days of questioning, days of wonder, but I do KNOW, that Jesus is in control and there is a reason for all this. Someone out there needs to know that can make it and you can beat depression (which isn't something from the Lord).

I was wondering if anyone out there is raising a family and finding it very difficult with no help, love, support from parents because...they are both deceased. I married a man that is amazing, but he too lost his mom when he was 18. His dad is a druggie and we don't see him to often.

I think sometimes I am looking for that girl that has been in my shoes, or is currently in my shoes that just wants to know that someone out there knows what its like.

:) Hang in there guys and gals....

My favorite saying is this " He never promised that the cross would not get heavy, and the hill would not be hard to climb. He never offered victories without fighting, but he said help will ALWAYS come in time."

Just remember, Hold On!, God will show up and he will take you through the fire....

Archived