Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Friends

Leigh-Ann

• Members

Hello, I am a girl of a young age, 16. I have lost my grandfather (Papa) whom I was very very very close to as he was my only grandfather . When I lost him I've been taking it very very hard, it's been 7 months since his death (still cannot believe he's gone) and of course I've gone back to school and gotten through Christmas, Easter and whatnot so anyway, when I went back to school my friends were very understanding... for the first month. Then things went bad, they basically stopped caring, telling me to move on, that things happen and I should stop moaning. Obviously I was completely offended because Papa had only passed away a month ago so it was still so raw but no one cared that I was depressed completely, it's not like I wanted them to feel sorry for me that was the last thing I wanted ever but I wanted to talk about him and actually grieve but my friends basically stopped my grieving process and made it carry out for longer than I had hoped (7 months later). I want to talk to my friends about this but because it's happened such a while ago I feel so awkward 

Any ideas of what I should do?

Leigh-Ann

• Members

My mother passed away in November of 2015 and even though I had friends who stuck with me I am still grieving. I would suggest talking to someone who went through a similar situation that will always listen to what you have to say because they've been through it too. It helps to have people that know how it feels because they're always open and know that sometimes you just need to rant or cry to get it all out. Support groups are very helpful. 

Archived