Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dexter was my world... Just need to talk

Dexter

• Members

My six-year-old Scottish fold who was healthy southern he died in his sleep today's ago I cannot believe he is gone he was my companion my friend my world I loved him so much I am 39 years old and for the past six years he had been There for me through thick and thin..   I raised him ever since he was very small and I have grown attached to him so much that I cannot believe he is gone my friend my companion my love my world my everything is gone I can't bear to go home to empty house anymore I just gave away his food to my neighbor who also has cats ...   I am in so much pain that I can't believe this has happened my friend Michael is gone I have never felt this much pain before even 30 days ago when I lost my sister to cancer I felt horrible and I feel depressed but not nearly as deep and profound as the loss that I'm feeling right now .. I just need to hear from people I just need to talk to someone that has experience the same things I just want to know what to do there are many things that I'm hearing people tell me get that other cat that looks like him but I am not ready I cannot replace him I cannot give love another animal right now ...   I miss him so much when I wake up in the morning is the worst time because I keep thinking about him he used to wake me up every morning and I use a cuddle with him every night and now empty house 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Members
Rocky and Ginger's Mom

I'm so very sorry for your loss, such a beautiful boy. I know the pain you are going through, it's been almost 3 weeks since my boy is gone and nothing can ever take his place. I do have a female cat, they were raised together but I had Rocky first since he was a baby and I do still cry everyday and have a lot of guilt. i don't think getting another cat is good as its too soon but maybe in the future it will be the right time. You have to take one day at a time as I'm still doing. I even talk to him even though it might sound crazy and call out his name. I have lost family and other pets but this death just about killed me inside.mornings are hard for me also. All I can say is I will pray for you and again I'm so sorry.

• Members

Thank you so much for your reply...  I know what you mean when you say it killed you on the inside.. I keep remembering my boy and I can not believe he is not here. I call out his name when sobbing and hope he would just show up and this was just a nightmare.  Coping with his loss is almost impossible for me, he was a part of me..  I loved him very much, I raised him as a baby and he was only 6,. Way too young to die..   I have so much love to give and it's all turned in to pain..   Thank you again for your wonderful share..   Ray 

• Members
Rocky and Ginger's Mom

You are welcome,In a few hours it will be exactly 3 weeks. I try not to look at pics and video I have of that final night. I was asking my sister her opinion not realizing he was dying when I recorded him but when I put it all pics and video together I can now clearly see the difference over 6 hours and wonder why I was so blind not realizing he should be taking right away to vet. It will haunt me forever not knowing if maybe he could have been saved.i will continue to pray you find some peace. I know all too well how hard it is and again I'm sorry for your loss.

• Members

It's amazing how we feel more grief with our pets than some humans who pass. People who don't own pets will never understand.  We just found out yesterday that our dog Lucy has terminal cancer and not long to live. This was a complete curveball and can't believe it. Much like you, I'm already dreading coming home to an empty house, looking at her bowls, cage, toys, leash etc. The mere thought of all this has been making my wife and I cry hysterically.  

People say not to mourn the living but it's so hard when you know what her fate is, especially since she isn't acting her normal self and her quality of life is rapidly deteriorating. One thing I can tell you is not to rush out and try and replace him. He can never be replaced and will always hold a special place in your heart. You will know when the time is right to get another cat. 

• Members
Rocky and Ginger's Mom

Very sorry about your dog Lucy, Our pets are our family and so true that it hurts more then losing some people. Prayers to you and your wife.

• Members

I am truly sorry to learn of your losses.  My boy Bichon died suddenly one week ago.  9 years old.  He was such a good boy, at work with me everyday and we traveled great distances together. He logged over 1000 hours flight time.  I, too, am devastated and lost.  The life and energy is missing from my home.  From experience, I know, that with time things will improve.  We must hold on.  I read once "That life is a stubborn return from sorrow, again and again."  And, "...that the test of the heart is troubled and it always comes with the years."  So true.  The longer we live, the more sorrow we encounter.  God Bless all of you and God Bless our beautiful furry companions.

• Members

I am very sorry to hear about your boy I truly am sorry because my wound is very fresh and I completely understand your pain my name is Ray and I am here if you ever need to talk I actually encourage you to contact me if you need to talk about it my phone number is 714-906-5580 

• Members

Hi Dexter.. First of all I am sorry about your beloved cat. I think It's been a while since you've posted here. I am going through the same situation. I hope we can talk and help each other cope up with this devastating incident. I am so hopeless and I can't move on. I just cry the whole day. 

• Members

Hi Dexter.. I live in Asia :/ so I don't know how to contact you through that number. I think that's only possible if you have whatssapp or viber

• Members

You described my feelings very well.  I hate coming home without seeing my Gracie's face through the window, then at the door.  She died Wednesday and I still can't believe she is gone.

Archived