Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do I catch my breath

Jj5170

• Members

I lost my 28 year old younger brother because he accidentally shot himself. I can't say it was a suicide because I knew my brother and I think he did it accidentally. I refuse to understand that he tried to purposely kill himself because he was a twin, he was making plans for his life, he was not in that state of mind based on the last time I saw him. I miss him dearly and I feel like I can't breathe. I was his older sister and I'm feeling this guilt in the core of my soul. Did I miss something? Did he really feel so alone? Could I have been a better sister? I'm heartbroken and I just think of him day and night. How do i cope? How do I continue my own life without feeling so much regret that he is no longer here. Anyone help me please. 

• Members

If he died because of an accident, then the hardest thing will be to accept that. If it was intentional, then of course, that will be very tough. He may have been contemplating and then had an accident. Have the authorities ruled his death a suicide? 

Just know, the guilt you are feeling is very normal. You didn't miss anything. We all regret the things we didn't do or should have done when a loved one dies. But I believe they know we love them and understand we are just humans trying to get along in this world. We forgave them when they didn't visit or call or remember special occasions.I'm positive they do, too. 

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived