Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New here and need support w/ moms turmanal cancer

Strugglingdaughter

• Members
Strugglingdaughter

I found out about two weeks ago that my mother has stage 4 lung cancer. Dr's found it in her liver first and realized it started in her lungs. She has startea Chemo therapy just to hopefully extend her life for a few months. I feel so alon and I desperately need to know that I am not going crazy and that it is ok for me to feel the way I do. I have a lot of ups and downs. This diagnoses followed just months after lossing my adopted father and biological father just 6 weeks apart last July and September.  I can not grasp lossing so many people I love so close together.  I honestly dont know how i am getting out of bed in the mornings.

I hope i am not rambling and that this all makes sense. I need to know that I am not alone. I need to know if it is normal to have mixed feelings and emotions. I need to know that it is ok for me to fall apart.

Thank you to anyone that may be able to offer any thoughts on my situation. 

• Members

I am so very sorry I missed this post! You are not rambling, and you make perfect sense. Of course you are reeling, and your emotions are all over the place. You are perfectly normal. 

Is there a support group--emotional support or grief support in your hometown? You may want to try a meeting or two. Talking to people is the best way to get through these tough times and ordeals. In the meantime, please continue to post here. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer 4 years ago. She passed away this past November and even though it's been absolutely horrible and the hardest thing I've ever dealt with, I'm glad she's no longer struggling or in pain. And I feel better now than I did at first. It just takes time. 

Archived