Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Cat put to sleep today

Dartie

• Members

I had to make the terrible decision of putting my beautiful 16 year old Woody to sleep this morning.  His back legs were giving up and he couldn't wash himself or get into the litter tray.  The vet did lots of tests (he was brilliant) but couldn't find a reason for this.  Woody wasn't in pain and was mentally as active as ever - this made the decision SO difficult but I know he couldn't live like that.  There was a possibility of trying some strong medication but the vet wasn't too hopeful. I can't stop crying and feel completely devastated.

• Members
Hannah's Mommy

Dartie,

I read your story about your precious Woody and my heart literally aches for you. I absolutely feel your pain and reading about Woody brings that overwhelming sadness that I can actually feel in the pit of my stomach now as I write this.  I still think about our precious Hannah and it has been 16 months now since we had to say goodbye.  I know and feel how much you loved Woody.  And Dartie, the beautiful thing is, Woody always felt that love from you.  Woody always knew how much he was loved and he was blessed to have you as his Mommy.  You were blessed to have each other.  Our precious kitty Angels will always be a part of our family and in our hearts.  Dartie, I know you are feeling such overwhelming sadness and emptiness right now.  I will be praying for you.  A soft and gentle peace will come in time, I promise.  And to Woody....rest in beautiful peace.

Archived