Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my daddy, day after my 25th Birthday </3

krissikinsz

• Members
krissikinsz

Hello everyone, just thought I would introduce myself & tell you my story..
I lost my father this year, day after my 25th birthday on 8th Jan, it was the day my world fell apart, brought me back to feeling like a young girl again needing her father so much. I lost him to Mesothelioma Pleura cancer which was caused by Asbestos, ruined his lungs. He only got 8 months from diagnosis, but it was in his body for a very long time, as it is a secret deadly cancer. I was my daddys carer with my mother, it was so hard seeing my father go from this strong happy man, to someone who felt was fading away no matter what we did or tried to do, because of what that asbestos done, it makes you so angry and upset, he only just retired from work & moved home to ireland to settle with mum, relax & do things together and then he got hit with this, not long moved into his new home.

I feel so numb, I watched my dad through it all, even when he was passing and it still doesnt feel like it actually happened its like my mind wants to not believe it, I just cant handle knowing he isnt going to come back, I need him so much & I wanted him to be happy, go on holidays and do all the things he wanted to do, as he never stopped working, wanted to look after his family. Then for work to actually cause his death, why he got ill, breaks my heart. Life can be so cruel!!

He was only 67, two months exactly after his birthday he passed & the day he passed was Elvis Presleys birthday strangely enough - he loved him with a passion.

Just miss him so much, I have lost my happiness for life, the spark has gone.

12806149_10153377214605667_8621793911446438290_n.jpg

• Members

I feel your pain I lost my mother feb. 13th 2015 and my birthday is feb 12.  then today 1 year ago I lost my older brother on May 19, 2015.

so, I'm kinda in a haze today after a really rough 2015.   last couple of weeks I've been going through old photos and put together a group

of photos of the "GOOD TIMES" but still WE both will associate my mother and or your Father after our birth days.  PEACE OUT

ALL LIFE IS CONNECTED.   LAUTY

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

My deepest condolences on the lost of your dad..to work so hard, and then retire and get sick is a tragedy.Death is our greatest enemy.But there is hope, in times of hopelessness. Please read this hope giving to us by Jesus..John 11:25 reads "Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;"
So this promise from Jesus gives the hope of seeing our loved ones again.

For more encouraging news about the hope of seeing your dead loved one, and why this something that we can have confidence in please click on the following link.         https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no3-2016-may/#?insight[search_id]=73464796-6aee-4f6d-a614-e8bdedb34840&insight[search_result_index]=1

My condolences

• Members
MyGirlBill

My condolences on your loss. It's truly heartbreaking to lose someone the way you did. I feel like grief becomes a permanent part of you when you lose a parent. Hopefully not completely debilitating, but always there. At least it feels that way to me. My dad also recently passed away (February 17, 2016). He was only 64, and I'm 29. He was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells, on Dec. 1, 2015. It was caught really early, and his prognosis was pretty good! He was supposed to do 16 weeks of chemo and then undergo a bone marrow transplant, which was a rough road, but he was up for the fight. He even had an appointment with the oncologist the day before he died: his numbers were good, he was roughly half-way through chemo, and he was feeling pretty good. All indications were that he was going to make it to remission. The next morning, he had a pulmonary embolism and was gone within minutes. It was as shocking and unexpected as if he had been killed in a car accident on the way to chemo.

There's certainly no "good way" to lose someone, but the suddenness and shock of it all have made everything so surreal. I even saw his body before he was cremated, and I still can't shake the feeling that he's not really gone. I think of him everyday and I cry A LOT. He was such a strong, vibrant man, and until late last year, he had really never been sick or in bad health. I'm grateful that he wasn't ever ill before, but it's hard not to feel angry or robbed now that he's gone, especially since he seemed to be doing so well with his treatment. I know I'm supposed to remember the good times--and I do. I've spent a lot of time reminiscing and laughing with my mom and brother, eating Dad's favorite foods, listening to his favorite music, etc. but some days the anger/sadness/grief is really hard.

It's going to be hard for awhile, but don't give up on your spark. I'm still looking for mine, and I hope you find yours too.

Archived