Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of young son...hurt

ColtenMama

• Members
ColtenMama

New to this ...I lost my son. he was 2 . Colten ...He was burned by a hot cup of tea he grabbed out of my grandmother's hands. On Jan 28  He also had a cold at time. He was intubated BC of burns on face.Then his lungs started getting worse. he was a perfectly healthy baby. Just a cold he was put on ECMO form of life support to give lungs chance to heal.trasferred to another hospital. He was getting better.then he got an infection.he got over that.but then BC of bad lungs and pulmonary pressure caused his heart to become damaged. He was sedated and I intubated for 97 days on life support but he still wake up wiggle and look at me react to my voice so I still wanted top fight for him. Then his heart got worse it drop to 0 in two times in 1day.I didn't want my baby to suffer he had non working lungs and a failing heart not a candidate for transplant. So I took him off...he died in my arms on may 10 .I just don't know what to do if I made right descion I miss him so and all I want is to dream of him but I can't why..I can't even go back to our home. I am lost have a 9 or old also. I just lost my only brother Jan 14 hit by a car while walking.how much can I take I love and miss you Colten Isaac Slone 

3/14/14-05/10/16

• Members
Latrells Mommy

Hello my name is Kandi an im 24 years old. Im new to this also. Im sorry for your loss. I understand how u feel my son was 6 an one of my younger children put a button down his throat while he was asleep. He woke up choking an went unconscious. They did cpr at the hospital for 45 minutes until they got a heartbeat. But his brain had no activity. His strong heartbeat kept faith in me until it just started dropping theydeclared him brain dead. I had tbe choice to keep him on life support but i knew that if he wqs brain dead there was no chanve of him coming back. I sat by his side an held his hand everyday. They pronounced him on may 13th, 2016. I have other children but he was my first my first love. I struggle the same everyday wondering if i made the right decision to take him off. We just have to keep reminding ourselves how vibrant an active they were an i dont know about colten but my latrell hated being in bed an taking naps so i know hr wouldn't be happy if he was confined to a bed all his life. In the slim chance he wouldve woken up. I feel like a part of me went with him to. We have to try to ve strong though u have other children an so do i. It might not seen like it will get better now but it will. An even if u cant see him in your dreams he sees you always hes always there. Anytime u need to talk just hit me up. There are few who understand but i do.

Archived