Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Butterflies and rainbows?

Followyourart

• Members
Followyourart

Anyone else see rainbows and butterflies and feel like it's a sign from your loved one? It's only been less than a week since my Mom's passing and I feel like she's already sending me signs that she's okay and watching over us. I rarely see rainbows and now I've seen two in two days. I also see butterflies fluttering around out front of the house. I am having such a hard time dealing with this tragedy and I feel like these signs are offering me some peace.

I really miss my mom so much. Keep thinking she will be sitting outside waiting for me to come home. We watched movies together almost every night. I still think about calling her by habit and the thought of her never answering just tears at my heart. I sleep with her favorite sweater. I will never be able to let go. I feel like crying constantly and I still can't eat much. My family and boyfriend are a great support system which I am lucky to have... but still would like to talk to others and make friends here that know how I am feeling and what I am going through. 

• Members

Followyourart,welcome and sorry for your loss, I understand how hard it is as does everyone here. It's so fresh and raw for you and everyone says it gets better in time. My mum died ten months ago from cancer and it still hurts just as much now . I haven't got any signs from my mum but I so wish I could, I miss her every minute of the day. It's devastating to think we can never see or hear or speak to our mums again. It's great you have a good support around you , I feel so lonely as I only have a brother and no other family now. Join us on the daily thread at the top of the page , it's where we all post just to vent and share our thoughts. Hugs Lisa 

Archived