Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Boyfriend died sudden in a car accident

Ladyt

• Members

Lost my the love of my life back in febraury 2016 the day after valentines day. He literally just dropped me off at work and I didn't find out he was gone until I went on my break and saw that I had so many calls missed from his. So I called and no one answered. Soon as I hung the phone it rang back and it was the State Police asking me my name and where I work. So I'm  asking questions and they aren't telling me anything. My nerves was shot and I was crying and shaking. They telling me to calm down and they understand how im feeling. Then they said they will be at my job in 30 mintues. So I'm waiting and I'm very nervous. About 35 minutes later they arrived and they have a yellow envelope in their hand. So one of the bosses at my job come and get me and take me to the back. When I get back there the State Police is asking me who am I to Chris, I said im his girlfriend of 31/2 years and they said unfortunately he was killed in an accident. Iwas devasted , I cried until I was gagging, just throwing up saliva. I'm saying to my self that my life is not going to be the same , how will I continue with life, what will I do Everyday I think about him and it feel so unreal to me. It feels like he is still here next to me physically, but I know he isn't. Each day it feels like its getting better and some days it doesn't. I ask GOD to help me through this grieving process. I know he will and I have to take one day at a time.

• Members

Ladyt I'm sure that God will help you - and I to get through this and I suppose it's true that it is one day at a time.  People say that it does get better, but it doesn't feel like it will. It hurts all of the time.   Like you, I relive what happened, how I found out and once I get to thinking about it, it's like a play I'm locked into, and it plays to the end. It feels like a nightmare and there'll be an awakening to find it's not true, then reality slams in, that it is, and it's awful, sickening. I don't know any answers, but I just wanted you to know that I can identify with everything that you have written about how you feel. The person that knows you best, that lives inside of you and you in him, gone in an instance. My husband of 39 years died in an accident on his motorcycle, on his way home from work on 13th January, 2016  while i was at home, getting his tea ready for when he came in. When he was late, I turned off the heat on the cooker, came upstairs and looked on the internet and saw there was an accident  between a motorcycle and a car, on his route home. I called my son and together we rang 101 and explained our worry.. I was trying to persuade myself he was stuck in the back log of traffic. After some minutes while she made enquiries, the operator told us it was my husband and we should go and meet the police at the hospital but she said she couldn't tell us how he was as she didn't know.  I live the scenes and the words over and over. We thought they were going to tell us he was seriously injured, we were prepared for such news - but nothing prepared us for being told that he'd died at the scene.  I don't know any answers or how to get through this and can only trust, like you, that God will help and bring us through. 

• Members
claribassist13

ladyt, 

Allow me to say first how deeply sorry I am. I lost my fiancé in a car accident three days after Christmas, and I didn't find out until I went on break at my job either. 
In a way, this is probably the hardest for us to deal with. We were left with loved ones who were completely fine and so alive and they were snatched away from us. We were robbed of the one person in this world who meant the most to us and robbed of the future we were planning. And that sucks.  

If you would like someone to talk to, please feel free to message me. Our stories are pretty similar. 

• Members

Jillme, I am completely sorry for your lost as well. We will never have the answer from GOD on why this happen to us. All we can do is just grieve and keep life going until we see signs and hopefully that will help us to understand it all. We must all keep each other in prayer. Pray answers all things. If you need to talk , please feel free to message me.

Archived