Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my 20 year old in a tragic car accident

StyleJ

• Members

In my beginning stages of grief. We were as close as father and son could get. It hurts to even type these words on this forum. I don't know what I am seeking other than to connect with others that have had such losses. I have another son and about to be married to a wonderful woman and her 2 step kids, he was supposed to be in the wedding also which makes it harder. Some days I'm good and others, well it's like I just can't go on. Or I find myself thinking what is it going to be like after 10 years have past, I mean I already miss him so much already... I know I must carry on and take it day by day but it sure is the hardest thing I ever had to do.

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have a beautiful daughter that I couldn't bear to lose...death may seem to be so permanent, and you mentioned that you are looking for some connection with others, who may have experienced the same type of loss. I would like to give you a link that you will find very  upbuilding, and will provide hope, at this time of hopelessness.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no3-2016-may/

Many condolences

Archived