Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lighthouse15

Drowning in grief

4 posts in this topic

March19, was the worst day of my life. Found my husband hanging in our garage. Haven't been able to move on and feel time has st.ayed still. I'm self-destructing right now and can't seem to find the help I may need. I was left completely alone. No family, nobody. Alone.

March 19 was 2 years since I came home from work to find my wife.  I  lost myself for several months and I'm still not completely back to me but I  have come a long way. Thebest thing for me was to talk about it.  I have  a motto now and  I  try to share as much as possible.  "Things may get worse,  but it CAN always get better." We just have to stay strong and never give up.  Just find your way. I'm not good with words but I try. I'm sorry for loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your trauma is still so new that it will take a long,  long time to begin to repair. Unless a person goes through what we have experienced they will never know the other issues we have gone through besides grief. It is an utter nightmare. We experience guilt, have a hundred questions that will never be answered, are unable to stop crying and the inability to focus. Know that you are not responsible for their decision. They have a flaw within themselves that leads to that choice. I cried violently everyday for a solid year, and it has been a little over 3 years and I still cry, and see that image in my mind everyday. But it is getting better. Cry, pray, talk about it, seek counseling, get out of the house, stay busy, reach out to others with same issues. It takes time, lots of time. Be good to yourself and don't hesitate to seek help. Please feel free to write anytime if you need us. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sincerely, Sherry.

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my boyfriend three years ago and it still haunts me. I try to stay strong for our daughter but it has it's hard days. Things never get easier, for me the longer it sets in the more depressed I become. I've become numb and emotionless and I have an amount of regret and guilt i don't think will ever go away. After three years I just started talking about it more openly and it has helped a lot more than I ever thought. No one understands until they've dealt with it but I hope you figure out what's best for you. Stay positive and always know there's someone to talk to.