Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Sweet Papa

Ava

• Members

Hello...I hope this will help me sort through my emotions a bit.

A little over three weeks ago, my father passed away unexpectedly in his sleep due to a pulmonary embolism (a clot that stops the heart). I received the call that he was dead after a late night class.

My heart is so broken. I love my dad so much. Everything reminds me of him. The grocery store, flowers, Chinese food, green Jeeps, lemonade, matzo ball soup....

I am at a loss for words.

He loved me and my siblings so much and was so proud of us.

He was an incredibly talented musician, and his funeral was attended by around 400 people who knew him for his talent with the saxophone and bass. He taught me to play guitar when I was six.

I am so proud of my dad. I miss him. I would give anything to hear his voice.

I know he is with me, but sometimes it is very difficult not to feel the absence more than this new kind of presence...it is all still so new and so shocking. All I know these days is that I love him with all of my heart, and I will miss him every single day.

If anyone is interested in sharing stories of a lost loved one, or facts about them, I'd be happy to read them. I know telling stories about my Dad makes me feel better sometimes...

Thanks for reading...

-AG

• Members

So sorry for your loss, I feel your pain. I lost my father in 2004, he was my rock, loved us kids, and family meant everything. He too was a musician. He played in the Detroit area in the jazz circuit.    Was very difficult to know He wouldn't sit at the piano and play anymore more. I have a bunch of his recordings. I can tell you it does get better but it takes time. At some point you will be able to hold him so close in your heart and remember all the good times, and just carry him with you without the severe grief that you are now feeling. It will get better.   I also lost my father-in-law year prior to my dad. And my mom when I was 22 and my grandparents were all gone by the time I was in my early 30s     Lost one of my best friends and a helicopter crash in 2007.  I'm trying to remind myself of this fact that it will get better  but  unfortunately I am dealing with the loss of my husband who died of an overdose on Jan 29.   Dealing with/devastated and paralyzed by the sudden loss at 48 years old. Death is difficult enuf is difficult enough, but to find out your loved one when was addicted to drugs and you didn't even know it is worse.  He was found on the floor in a hotel room hours after he was already dead. Nobody even knows if anyone was there when he died. All I can say is   If you have faith, hang onto it pray, get support, and keep hope.   I had to take a short term disability leave.  People try to tell us that are grieving that we need to MoveOn and give us some sort of time limit. Make sure you don't let anyone do that to you. There's also another site if you're interested that offers grief counseling via Skype and online and via phone for a nominal fee if you're interested I can give that to you. Sometimes it just helps to share your story and know that others are going through and you are not alone. Peace to you   

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

I  am so sorry to read about your loss, and the heartache that you are enduring. Death is our greatest enemy, and with the pain we feel..comes despair, and sadness. As mentioned grief and sorrow transitions to becoming more bearable, but the emptiness never leaves us. 
An effective tool that helps us to recover from grief is to strengthen our spirituality. With a strong spiritual base we can at times
lose hope, but never fall into the pit of hopelessness. We can gain strength and hope by reading the promise that Jesus made at John 5:28,29 which reads  28 :Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice...and come out!

This gives you the hope that you may one day see your loved one again.
James 1:13 Reads  "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone." A God of love would never do something to make us suffer. So it isn't God's will when a loved one dies. 
             So why does man grow old, and die? Why is there so much suffering and death? Why did God allow your dad to die? Is there hope for dead loved ones? Why do bad things happen to good  people? For the answer to that, and many other bible based answers to questions you may have I invite to you to click on the following link...

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/know-truth-tract/know-the-truth/#?insight[search_id]=f5059eb9-9dab-49e9-9265-e382f53dd067&insight[search_result_index]=0

May you find comfort 

Archived