Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss my younger brother

Cesc

• Members

I'm in shock. Although I understand that we all will transition one day, I having a hard time dealing with my brother not being here. He's six years younger than I am. He was forty three years old and had a massive heart attack. This is unreal

• Members
Littlesistermissingbrother

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost a sibling suddenly as well. I know that your life has been shattered. Things will never be normal, but you will find a new normal and you will eventually be able to remember the good more than the bad....I know that that is a long way away, but I promise you will get there. I wish you and your family the best in this terrible time.

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

I am so sorry to read about your loss, and the heartache that you are enduring. Death is our greatest enemy, and with the pain we feel..comes despair, and sadness. As mentioned on the previous post..grief and sorrow transitions to becoming more bearable, but the emptiness never leaves us. 
An effective tool that helps us to recover from grief is to strengthen our spirituality. With a strong spiritual base we can at times lose hope, but never fall into the pit of hopelessness. We can gain needed strength and hope by reading the promise that Jesus made at John 5:28,29 which reads  28 :Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice...and come out!

This gives you the hope that you may one day see your loved one again. Also James 1:13 Reads  "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone." This scripture reveals that a God of love would never do something to make us suffer, so it's not God's will that we lose loved ones to death. 
             So why does man grow old, and die? Why is there so much suffering and death? Why did God allow your brother to die? Is there hope for dead loved ones? For the answer to that, and many other bible based answers to questions you may have I invite to you to click on the following link...

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/dead-live-again-tract/dead-live-again/

May you find comfort.

• Members

Dear Cesc, I am in the same boat.  I lost my only sib, my younger brother on Feb 10.  He was 40 years old, 5 years younger than I.  He had a cardiac arrest in the office - according to the coroner it was triggered by a cold virus that set off a misfiring in his heart.  A cold virus!  All of us are in shock.

I find myself cycling thru shock, anger and intense sadness within minutes of each other.

Archived