Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

kitty

judykblunt@gmail.com

• Members
judykblunt@gmail.com

My male kitty left on March 3rd.  Apparently he ate something poisonous.  Had I realized he was ill I would have picked him up and gone to the vet.  I never would have let him suffer his death alone and have nature take its course. He followed me everywhere, helped me at my computer table, pulling weeds.  Wasn't afraid of the vacuum.   He was a Russian Blue mix and very loving and independent at the same time.  I am so sad that people who don't like animals would do this  I am getting a new kitten but I know she will not replace the one I lost.  My husband has his own kitty cat.   I keep hoping he will walk back but I know in my heart he is gone.  My heart is broken by leaving.  Cats seem to have their own way when they go to pass on. 

• Members

I am so very sorry for your loss. How do you know he left on his own? Was he stolen? We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members
judykblunt@gmail.com

No, I don't believe he was stolen.  I have driven/walked through our rural neighborhood  and none of my neighbors have seen him.  They all loved Smokey.  He was entertaining.  I  watched my kitty walk away.  Guilt is haunting me that he may not have been feeling good.  He slept for day and a half and Smokey went outside about 4-5 in the afternoon, he does the same routine daily through our yards and the neighbors.  He didn't come back the next morning.  Generally he shows up at our bedroom slider door.   It's been 2 weeks now.  I understand cats walk away when they know they are about to die.  Again, I am so sad.   Smokey was my pet. JB

Archived