Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

When you're young

dizzydancingway

• Members
dizzydancingway

I was 27 when my mom died.

I'm 32 now.

Time passes and I'm stunned at the distance.

And still so confused.

I know grief is painful at any age, but losing my mom at a young age seems to have added some other layer of injustice to the loss. I still need a mom. And I'm overwhelmed at navigating without her.

I miss her every day. And life is invariably more difficult without her. And I still, 5 years later, feel too young. She'll never meet my partner, never see my wedding, never meet my kids. How do you resolve that?

Anyone else here lose a parent when you were young?

• Members

Hi dizzydancingway,

I lost my Mum last year when I was 34. I feel way too young for this loss. I am totally lost without her, she was my best friend, the only person I could trust, I could rely on, I could always turn to. I loved her more than anything in this world. I feel lonely and alone without her.

I have a 5 month old girl who my Mom did not have a chance to see, to cuddle, to kiss, to love...

My father also passed awyay back in 2004.

They were both young when they died.

I would have never imagined that I d become an orphan at age 34.

Life sucks, life is cruel, life is UNJUST.

Sorry I could not say to you anything positive but im struggling myself too.

Rgds,

susie

• Members

I am 21 and my mom died about 7 months ago. Just like you I always am so saddened by the fact that my mother will never see me graduate college this year, get married, or have kids. All things I was always looking forward to. I know only have my dad and my brother and it's very hard talking to guys about certain things and girl issues. It's something we have to learn to cope with and I don't think there's anything you can do to wish they could be there to see those things in person. I wish there was. We just have to stay strong and know that they'll always be watching over us. 

• Members
mariesgirl1953

I'm 25 and an only child my mam passed away 4 months ago. She has one grandchild whom she adores. But right now I feel as if I just want to die and be with her. No one understands - or will ever understand how much she made an impact on my life. She was a wonderful woman. Who had severe rheumatoid arthritis but still got through each and every day. I have a cocktail of pills in my handbag and I'm completing weather or not to take some just so I can be with her. No one will ever understand how much she meant to me or how dearly I miss her. My worlds nothing now... Expect for my dad, son and husband who I know I have to think of... Maybe I should ring the Sarmathans... I just don't know.... I need my mam :(

• Members

My father passed away almost a month ago and I am 19. I certainly still feel like I need him to take care of me. I am heartbroken.

• Members

I am 24 and my mom passed 6 months ago and my dad passed 4 months ago. I too feel like I am to young to have to go threw such a loss. Everyday I am faced with situations where I fee like I need guidance from them or just simple advice. But I think everyone thinks they are to young to lose their parents because everyone wishes they would live forever.

• Members

I lost my mom at 28 this past fall. And I have had a lot of people say to me "loosing your mom at any age hurts". As if that is supposed to make me feel better. And for me it's not about the age. But that my mom won't see me have kids .. Or get married because she isn't here anymore. It's never good to compare yourself to others joy or pain. But certain times are just harder then others. 

• Members
On March 1, 2016 at 0:39 AM, dizzydancingway said:

I was 27 when my mom died.

I'm 32 now.

Time passes and I'm stunned at the distance.

And still so confused.

I know grief is painful at any age, but losing my mom at a young age seems to have added some other layer of injustice to the loss. I still need a mom. And I'm overwhelmed at navigating without her.

I miss her every day. And life is invariably more difficult without her. And I still, 5 years later, feel too young. She'll never meet my partner, never see my wedding, never meet my kids. How do you resolve that?

Anyone else here lose a parent when you were young?

I lost my mom it will be 7 months tomorrow. She died just a month after my 33 bday. Its very hard. I was very close to my mom, now I feel very alone no one to talk to. It is very painful. I wish there was something that could erase this pain cause its so unbearable

• Members
Julie Harkins

The pain does seem to consume me at times, I am 44 and mourn her every day...I hope that you find some peace,,,,

• Members

I am 49 and I lost my mom 13 months ago. I lost my dad when I was a baby so I never knew him. I'm an adult orphan. My mom was my best friend, my adviser, my confidant, my rock.

• Members

I am 26 and just lost my mom - it will be three weeks on Tuesday. It's finally sinking in that it is real - she's not coming back. And I am struggling horribly with the idea that I can't call her when I have boy trouble. I can't tell her when I get engaged or pregnant. She'll never watch me get married or have babies - things she always wanted to see. I hear about my Aunts who have grand babies and it just makes me cry that my kids will never have that. I feel so alone without her. I wasn't ready to live life without her help. She was my best friend, my confidant. It physically hurts to breathe right now. I know she is watching over me, but it's just not the same. I miss her with every fiber of my being. I can't seem to go on. Yes, parents are meant to pass before their children. But they are meant to be there for all these important occasions that will be coming up in life. I'm terrified of facing the world without her. 

Archived