Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm having to put my kitty down tomorrow. My heart is broken.

Loryanna

• Members

My cat, Lex, came into my life 10 years when he was 3 days old. He was hungry and alone. His mom disappeared. We bottle fed him, loved him and he became one of my babies. This past December, I noticed he was losing weight even tho he was eating good. He was having pain when having a bowel movement. The vet did tests and he was diagnosed with lymphoma. He was given anywhere from a couple weeks to few months depending on quality of life. He's been okay till this week. I really feel like I've been selfish, not wanting to let go. But he's having a hard time. He's not able to control his bowels. He's always trying to clean himself buts it's getting to be too much. He cries a horrible sounding cry when he's trying to use the bathroom.

I hate having to make the decision. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it thru tomorrow.I love my Lexi so much.....

• Members

Loryanna,

I've had to make that horrible decision. If he is crying and making horrible noises, he's suffering tremendously. You will be doing the right thing by helping ease his suffering. He will simply go to sleep. The process is peaceful and painless. It will be hard for you but not for him. 

For my first fur baby, I made the wrong decision and refused to put my precious Emmy down. I am guilt stricken all these years later when I think about how bad she suffered. I thought I would be guilty of murder if I put her down. Instead, I watched her die a horrible slow death. She screamed in the end. You just don't want to do that. 

I've had to make the decision since to put down one of my other precious fur kids. I made the decision without hesitation. I didn't want him to suffer as badly. He was in terrible condition when it was time. 

We will be with you,

ModKonnie

Archived