Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  
KonnieM

Talking Helps 01/31/2016 14:48 PM

KonnieM   

Grieving.com newsletter
Grieving.com
Facebook  Twitterwww.Grieving.com

Emotional Roller Coaster

By ModKonnie
Whether you are new to the grieving experience or have been traveling on this journey for awhile, you have probably experienced a torrent of emotions .Many people, confused and worried, join our community, and “Am I normal?,” is the first question they ask. We want to ensure our members understand the rollercoaster ride of emotions they experience is definitely normal, and there is not a “right” way to feel during grieving. On WWW.Grieving.com’s Facebook page, WWW.Facebook.com/MyGriefSupport, we asked community members “What has been your strongest emotion so far in your grieving--anger, fear, loneliness, or something else?” We received much feedback, and the answers were as varied as the experiences. Here are a few of your responses: "All of the above at different times,” said Therese. Rosanne noted something similar. “Anger, loneliness, missing everything, his smile, his laugh, sharing with him, I miss everything about him, she said, “Kids should never go before their parents.”Christel and Angella said loneliness has been their strongest emotion, while Kari Jo, Chris, Debbie and Pam said heart wrenching sadness has been their biggest struggle. Brenda agreed with sadness. She lost her 32-year-old son 11 weeks ago. She said, “I miss him so much my heart hurts.”Therese also said helplessness was a major emotion with which she struggled, and Edward agreed. “I can't do anything to help my mom get over my dad's death,” he said. “I can't do anything to help myself, and I can't believe that I'll never see my dad again on this Earth.” Anger was another feeling our members, including Chrissy and Rosane, experienced. “For me when I lost my 53 year-old husband and 17 year-old nephew within 10 days apart seven years ago, it was anger towards God that He would do that to me,” said Rosane. “I remained angry for three years before He let me know that He was there for me all the time. I have now reconciled and asked for forgiveness for this. I just lost my brother two days after Christmas. Because my walk with God was where it should be, it was hard, but I knew where to turn and to accept His help.”Fear was a major emotion people experienced, too. Sarah said, “Pure fear that I had to live the rest of my life without my precious parents and daughter. It gave me panic attacks just thinking about it. I still suffer with them to this day.”Whatever emotion you are experiencing, we hope you know that you are certainly not alone facing your struggles. Sharing with others can help not only you, but them as well. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make improvements and to help support the forum, we are asking you to help financially. For the last 17 years, we haven’t asked for any assistance. We do not want to make Grieving.com a subscription based area where only those who pay can post, nor do we want to plaster big corporation names in advertising on the forums. Instead, we would rather be a member-supported community. If you can help--whether it's $1 a month or $20--we would appreciate your support. you can find the information to sign up on the forums. 

Thank you so much for your continued support,

The Grieving.com Team. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’d like to offer our deepest sympathy and warmest welcome to our newest members. You have come to the right place. There are others here at www.Grieving.com who have experienced similar losses. They will be able to share, encourage and support you. We will be here for you.

© Beyond Indigo®, Kelasan Inc
Click here to unsubscribe

Sign in to follow this