Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Delete

Enin

• Members

Awww, Tabby is beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. I've had several fur babies for many years, and I hate when it's time to say goodbye to them. It just tears me apart. One thing that helps me is to know they are in a better place, pain free. Well, it doesn't help much when it first happens--that's for sure. In time, you will begin to feel better. For now, just cry and grieve.

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

My cat who I had to put down yesterday had the same symptoms as your kitty before I had her out to sleep. The way you are feeling is exactly how I feel too. Something that has helped me is a book I was given about grieving the loss of a pet. It is called "When your pet does. A guide to mourning, remembering and healing" by Alen Wolfelt.

I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. I hope you can experience it fully so that you can get back to the happy memories.

• Members
silverkitties

Enin, my heart goes out to you as I've lost two cats, one in 1991 (also in mid-January) and another on New Year's Eve, 2007--the worst New Year's ever. 

It seems like you took wonderful care of your Tabby: you were so blessed to enjoy her for 19 1/2 years! It is so hard not to find her in her usual spots. Not to find her jumping on your desk when you're sitting there. Not to find her near the door when you enter. It just hurts so much. 

I know I want nothing more than to be reunited with my mom and my cats. They were the ones who made my life worth it.  

• Members
silverkitties

I know what you mean about a special one, Enin....my second one was like that (I wrote about him in another thread here). He followed me everywhere when I was at home. He knew when I was sick. And when I took a nap on a very rare occasion, he would nap with me. When I went to bed early, he would be there too. So when he died, I felt absolutely devastated and guilty: guilty in the belief that maybe if we didn't move, he might still be alive. 

Whenever I hear "Beauty and the beast," I think of him. It was a huge hit after I'd had him for several weeks and he seemed to be getting used to me. 

I have 2 cats now who are very sweet: they're related to him as well (i.e., descended from his half-brother). But I must admit, they never bonded with me in the same way. Maybe because they came as brother and sister? Maybe because the boy seemed to prefer my mom? (He had an eye infection shortly after her death; it was as if he knew something had happened to her.)

Pets can be as dear as children.  

Archived