Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I feel like I lost my son.

simba

• Members

My little baby, Simba a ragdoll cat, passed away yesterday out of nowhere. He was one of the healthiest cats ever. I was in the middle of playing with him when all of a sudden he just fell over and his front legs shook back and forth and he started gasping for his air all within maybe 5 minutes. He looked at me while I was screaming his name and moving him, he took his last breath and passed away. He was my everything. He was my tale, no matter where I went he was right there with me. I used to take him for car rides with me, when I walked out side he came with me, he would jump up on the porch ledge and just sit there until I was ready to go in. He knew when I was getting home from no matter where I was because he would stand up at the door waiting for me to come in. He slept right next to me every night ever since I got him, almost 2 years ago. He knew when it was time for treats because every day around the same time I would feed him them, he ate right out of my hand. He was always nudging my head, that was his way of giving me kisses. The little stinker though, every time my husband would say, Simby give daddy kisses he would actually put his lips on my husbands lips. He was soooo much like a dog, my best friend, my son. All I do is look around waiting for him to come running down the steps or jump on the couch so he can play because he always wanted to play. This pain is soooo horrible, I don't know how to cope. All I have been doing is crying non stop. Will this pain ever go away? I just want him home with me.

• Members

I am so very sorry about the loss of Simba. I'm sure the trauma of it all has been horrible, and of course you are reeling from it. The pain will lessen in time, but for now---cry, remember, cry and do what you need to do to get through. 

Do you have pics? 

ModKonnie

• Members

I just feel like this is one big nightmare that I just want to wake up from and find my Simba laying right next to me.

• Members
silverkitties

What a beautiful cat Simba was! 

I just want to add my condolences: I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is, having lost two cats, first back in 1991 and then in 2007. Those first few weeks can be horrendous....with the uneasy, uncomfortable silence. Wanting to see your cat in all the expected places, but not being able to: seeing the bed without the cat. Seeing the bowl untouched. Missing those sweet encounters when you're working and your cat comes up to you, wanting to be petted. Or following you to the bathroom. 

It hurts. 

Archived