Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Multiple deaths very close together.

BG18

• Members

I lost my father on December 23 and have had a hard time dealing with that, even though I knew it was coming.

He was older and had many health issues. When he died i was devastated but ready to be devastated.

On January 2, my aunt was hit by another vehicle while her vehicle was completely stopped. I am in shock and cannot even wrap my head around the fact that they are both gone. I'm so devastated and cannot stop crying. I'm going in an out of shock. And can't really believe that she is not longer there. 

How do I move on? How do I keep going? How can I get through the next few minutes?
I'm so lost right now.

• Members

BG18,

I am so very sorry for your losses. I am sure you are simply reeling from the shock of it all. You move forward by talking about how you feel and crying (If you want to). Try for now to just get through a little at a time. Deep breaths when the anxiety and panic start. Stay away from caffeine and alcohol--they only make things worse. Try to eat normally, although you may not be able to. 

Do you have friends and family to lean on? Don't be afraid to show how lost you are. In the long run, it will help you heal if you can express yourself. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived