Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Until we meet again...

Cheri444

• Members

My beloved father passed away unexpectedly from metastatic prostate cancer on December 7 of last year. The grief is still so raw, as I'm sure you all understand. In remembrance of his life, my brother, Tom Dishaw, recently completed a truly inspired song about Dad and his incredible love for Mom (and our family)--a love so strong that it endures all things, including death. I feel that Dad (who was a songwriter and musician himself) was speaking from beyond through my brother to bring these needed words to my mother and to all of us who are so profoundly affected by the simple message. I hope the song/video brings you as much comfort as it has us. Hold your departed loved ones close in your heart, until you meet again. I wish you peace and warm memories to sustain you through this holiday season.

https://youtu.be/bs_NrfTRDxA

• Members
silverkitties

What a beautiful song and video: your family was certainly a happy and warm one! Much love and support to you for the approaching holidays~

Silverkitties 

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

Please accept my condolence to you and your family. The greatest loss in our life is a loved one's death. As you grieve, May this promise from Jesus give you comfort, and hope. John 11:25 reads "Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;"

So this promise from Jesus gives the hope of seeing our loved ones again.How can this happen..is this realistic? Many believe that the dead are either in heaven after death, or suffering in hell. Is that what the bible teaches?

The following link discusses the intriguing subject "where are the dead" May it bring you comfort,and peace of mind

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/where-are-the-dead/

For more encouraging hope for the future, please visit www.jw.org

Archived