Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Wanderlust

Newly-Wed Trouble

My husband and I were married on 09/13/15, after a long distant relationship. He is a government contractor and works overseas for months at a time. He happened to be home when my father passed away suddenly. My husband takes ambien to sleep and had already taken his medicine when I was trying to call and tell him my father had died. He never answered and I was left alone to handle watching my father die. My husband did not show up to comfort me until after we had already arrived at my mothers house after leaving the hospital. I have major resentment for him not having been there when I felt I needed him the most. He has apologized but I don't feel he truly understands the hurt and abandonment I felt by him not being there. There have been other times in which I felt he was not there emotionally for me, and there have been other hurtful things in our very new marriage. I am trying to forgive but I'm having a hard time. Any advice appreciated.