Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New to site

alicat5858

• Members

I was just in a accident November 10, 2015 two days after my son's 4th birthday. I was the one driving and at fault. My son died and I survived. I'm having a horrible time with guilt. I keep seeing the accident every time I close my eyes. I just don't know how to get through it.

• Members

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your precious child in such a tragic and terrible way.  It is hard enough to lose a child but to have to experience it first hand must be terribly difficult.

I too lost my son and father about fifteen months ago in a tragic small plane crash.  I remember how I felt the first couple of weeks after it happened and it was very surreal and painful.

I found this website helpful i the beginning.

But the thing I found the most helpful was a book called Angels in my hair by Lorne Byrne.  It was the only book that made me feel better.

I hope that you can find some comfort in this blog and you will be in my prayers.

Lisa

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Alicat I so sorry for your loss. I don't know if you still post here but if you click on 'loss of a child' then ' loss of an adult child ' ( I know you child was young) you will find a group of grieving mums and dads that are the most amazing people. There is so much support without which I could not of coped. We have mums on this thread that have lost a younger child /children as well.

All I can say to you as I am new also to this site compared to others is that to self care look after yourself one of our mums says that your wearing a very tight shock suit now to help and protect you its baby steps day by day.

I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless

Archived