Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I need my dad

elzellie

• Members

I need help. I lost my dad to cancer in April since losing him I feel so lost alone. I don't feel like myself anymore. Nothing makes me happy or even smile. People try their best but I push them away, I get irritated easily and get angry for no reason, I'm pushing family away. I can't help my mom and barely talk to her I don't know what to say or do

• Members

Elzellie, 

Why can't you talk to your mom? Is there anyone you can talk to? Getting irritated and angry for no reason is perfectly natural and normal when you've suffered a profound loss--like losing your dad. Do you talk to anyone? If not--then you have to start talking to someone. Talking is best way to heal. If you feel like you can't talk to anyone, then start writing about how you feel. Perhaps you can start by writing a letter to your dad and explain to him how you feel. Many people do this and find it helps. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I've wrote letters to my dad I've talked to people but I feel like I just bother them. My mom is struggling herself it's hard to talk to her without breaking down

• Members

I'm sure you are not bothering those that care about you. Have you considered joining some type of in-person emotional support group, such as a grief group? You and your mom could go together...

ModKonnie

Archived