Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How to deal with cat loss

Alejo26

• Members

Me and my girlfriend adopted this little, gray cat around two months ago, she was like 1 months old at the time and had the biggest eyes I had ever seen in a cat before. Little Mila lived with me, was always around me since I work at home, and followed me everywhere, especially every morning because she loved some bread and milk, and I just couldn't deny it.

Four days ago, Mila had this horrible accident while chasing a mouse, hit her head somewhere and started bleeding a lot, her eyes were completely lost, was not able to move and was having trouble breathing; we reacted fast and took her down to a vet in like 10 minutes, where we were told her chances of surviving the hit were minimal but still possible, and had to decide to either put her to sleep or see if she could make it through the night on pain meds and anti-inflammatory meds, which I chose. We left her there on observation during the night and were later told that one of her eyes had reacted and there were chances of the other eye reacting as well. At 7am we were told that she didn't make it, and picked her up and buried her that same day.

I am now having trouble staying calm in my own bedroom since it feels so empty now, and can't stop watching her pictures without bursting to tears, it took her 2 months to change everything in my life, in our routines and now I don't know how to get trough this, she was so different to other cats I've had

• Members

Alejo26,

I am so sorry about the loss of your precious cat. I know how they can change your whole life in just a short time. For now, just concentrate on grieving. Cry if you feel like it. In time (I know it doesn't help), the pain will begin to lessen. 

Just know we will be with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. My fur baby died suddenly Friday and I still just burst into tears at random times. It's difficult to eat bc he always thought he had to have at least a little nibble of whatever I had. I go outside and see his grave and just lose it. I know the total devastation you are feeling and I hope others are right that it will get better for us. Take care.

Archived