Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sad4leafClover

How to forgive an Angel....

My most recent Angel left me in 2010, my mom. I thought I had already forgiven her. But in 2013, I looked in the mirror and there she was. A lonely, sad, angry, alcolholic, who doesn't know what a healthy relationship is. I didn't realize how much like her I was when she was here. I just knew I needed her recognition, guidence, and protection. Now she's gone and so is my opportunity to feel loved by her. When I looked away from the mirror, I turned to my kids, who were patiently waiting, for the same affection. As a mother, I grew, learned a better way, and our lives blossomed . As a daughter, I wonder why I wasn't worth the same transformation. I tell myself that she just couldn't handle looking into the mirror...but it doesn't help. I love her. I need to forgive....I just want to miss and remember the good...because I am her.She's my Angel.

On November 20, 2015 at 2:21 AM, Sad4leafClover said:

My most recent Angel left me in 2010, my mom. I thought I had already forgiven her. But in 2013, I looked in the mirror and there she was. A lonely, sad, angry, alcolholic, who doesn't know what a healthy relationship is. I didn't realize how much like her I was when she was here. I just knew I needed her recognition, guidence, and protection. Now she's gone and so is my opportunity to feel loved by her. When I looked away from the mirror, I turned to my kids, who were patiently waiting, for the same affection. As a mother, I grew, learned a better way, and our lives blossomed . As a daughter, I wonder why I wasn't worth the same transformation. I tell myself that she just couldn't handle looking into the mirror...but it doesn't help. I love her. I need to forgive....I just want to miss and remember the good...because I am her.She's my Angel.

Dear SadeafClover,

Thank you for your post. I cannot tell you how much I relate to it. I lost my mother a year ago today and it's been so hard bc we were fighting at the time. She died alone and I never got the chance to say goodbye or tell her I love her. 

What you said about the alcoholic who doesn't know a healthy relationship and how alike we are resonated so much with me. 

Im having trouble moving on and forgiving myself. How are you doing? How are you coping? 

I don't have friends I can really confide in, or at least don't want to. I'm a very private person who doesn't like to show vulnerability. That's probably why I find this appealing. 

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you and hope you are well. 

C