Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my 14 month old Chloe

Wil_0803

• Members

I awoke at dawn this morning to look for my cat Chloe who got out. Just past my neighbors house just off the road i found her dead. Hit by a car. Chloe was just 14 months all black very tiny. Runt of her litter. I am very upset. She went missing two nights ago the night before halloween. I been beating myself up because i wasnt there and i feel it would be diffrent if i have.

A little more info i have 2 four yr old cats and never thought of getting more. But last oct. 3rd i was at my friends he lives far away in Newark so i take the bus instead of drive. On my walk to Penn Station in Newark i walk pass an elderly lady on her porch with a tiny black kitten. She stoped me and asked me if i wanted her that it was her last kitten shes moving tommorow and will have to bring it to the shelter. I picked up the kitten and instantly realized i was very sick, snotty nose, eyes crusted shut, ear mites, and fleas. So i took her home, she slept on my lap the whole 2hr bus ride home. She was smaller than my hand. I took her to the vet and nursed her back. All my cats are very attached to me but chloe really stuck to me. When i first got her my other cats ignored her and at nite they would sleep up high were chloe couldnt go she would look at them and cry but come lay on my pillow were she would bite my nose and cheek with her sharp kitten teeth then shed purr and lick my face and go to sleep and wake me in the morning the same way. My cats being spoiled also liscen as good as dogs they go in my backyard but dont leave it and wont stay or go out without my supervision. But on occasion i cant always be there, my one cat buddy rather go to the bathroom outside, my mom comes and takes them out. It took a long time for them to trust her and go out for her. And chloe being 3 yrs younger than buddy and bella was a very tiny kitten so i waited till she was 3 months to take her out. Making her jealous crying at the door but eventually she came out. Since being a bit more rambunctious in the yard. If i tell my cats time to go in they run inside chloe sometimes would need to be picked up. Now two nights ago i went to a halloween party by the same friends house were i got chloe. My mother came late at 7pm to take them out after dark bella and chloe are black hard to keep an eye on. Somehow chloe got out the yard. And my mom couldnt find the little black cat at night. I came home asap but the next morning. I think chloe climbed a small tree by the fence and jumped over. But all halloween i looked for her i live next to the woods so i searched the woods.the neighborhood behind me all day untill night. This morning i find her dead on the side of the road were she dragged herself. Im upset i dont think she would of jumped over the fence if i was home. If she did she would of came to me when i called her. I kills me to know how she died and suffered all alone. I took this cat to give her a perfect spoiled life and this happens a yr later. She was so small and just a beautiful cat. And i know people are mean to cats and try to run them over which is messed up. There family. I totaled my car two years ago avoiding a cat on my road. Ive broke up with girlfriends cause they were mean to the cats. Chloe was so young and little. It really hurts to have my last vision of her as i found her. I guess its good to know what happend and i brought her home but it shouldnt have happened. Its hurts to look at her pictures and videos of her playing. I dont wanna think about it anymore rite now. I just wanted to share how i feel somewere and have something about chloe somewere. If u took the time to read this. Thank you i greatly appreciate it.

post-403633-0-78294700-1446509190_thumb.

post-403633-0-59300900-1446509207_thumb.

• Members

Chloe looks adorable. I am so very sorry about your loss. I love spoiling my cats, and I hate it when tragedy strikes. I've lost several fur babies over the years. It's never easy, particularly when one suffers a terrible untimely experience. One of my precious fur babies was killed by a car, too. It was just awful. Try to take care of yourself. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived