KonnieM

Talking Helps 11/01/2015 15:47 PM

1 post in this topic

Grieving.com newsletter
Grieving.com
Facebook  Twitterwww.Grieving.com

Crying

By ModKonnie
Crying over loss is healthyPerhaps we’ve all been told by would-be advice givers, “Stop that crying and toughen up.” Maybe their intentions are honestly good, and they sincerely think they are trying to help. Well, on WWW.Grieving.com’s Facebook site, WWW.Facebook.com/MyGriefSupport, we asked our community members “Do you ever just cry to relieve the stress/pain/pressure of your loss?” The responses were in absolute agreement that crying can be a healthy and positive way to deal with pent up emotions. Anastasia said, “Of course, and it's a very healthy thing to do--don't let anyone tell you otherwise.” Rachel said, “In the beginning, that (crying) is very easy to do. It just comes out. Now I wish it were so easy to release that deep deep, deeply held pain that's always there but buried so deep the tears to explain it would be a relief.”Peggy said, “Sometimes when something triggers a memory, (I cry). But I find it to be a cleansing release, and I am stronger after the release.Finally, Donna said, “Yes, I consider crying when you have to, to be very therapeutic--better than stuffing your feelings.”So, when your emotional volcano feels on the verge of erupting, go ahead and let those tears flow. You may be surprised at how good it feels. If you want to cry but can’t, members have suggested watching a good heart-tugger on the television, listening to a familiar, poignant tune or even reading a soulful poem. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make improvements and to help support the forum, we are asking you to help financially. For the last 17 years, we haven’t asked for any assistance. We do not want to make Grieving.com a subscription based area where only those who pay can post, nor do we want to plaster big corporation names in advertising on the forums. Instead, we would rather be a member-supported community. If you can help--whether it's $1 a month or $20--we would appreciate your support. you can find the information to sign up on the forums. 

Thank you so much for your continued support,

The Grieving.com Team. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’d like to offer our deepest sympathy and warmest welcome to our newest members. You have come to the right place. There are others here at www.Grieving.com who have experienced similar losses. They will be able to share, encourage and support you. We will be here for you.

© Beyond Indigo®, Kelasan Inc
Click here to unsubscribe

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0