Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The loss of my beautiful baby sister

grandma821

• Members

My beautiful sister, Mary passed away on October 4, 2015.  I am still reeling from her loss.  She lived in North Carolina, and I live in Texas.  Losing a sibling is different from losing your parents.  The grief I am experiencing now with the loss of my sister is just as real as the grief I had when I lost my parents.  However, when I tell people about the loss of my sister, they immediately ask " How is her husband?, or "How are her children?, or comment, " You haven't seen her for years."  I feel as if my grief isn't important, and yet her death has turned my world upside down.  I am seeking understanding in how I am feeling, and just want to express my sadness honestly. 

• Members

I am so very sorry about the loss of your sister. Your grief is very important, very real and very normal. Losing a sibling is a shattering things, and just because you haven't seen her doesn't mean you didn't love her as much as always. 

Some people are just insensitive and thoughtless in their comments. 

You can express your sadness here, and go ahead and express your sadness everywhere. Most people should understand. 

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived