Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of our kitten

Dhand1102

• Members

Well I am lost to say the least. I came home from work on Friday last week to our 9 week old kitten not greeting me at the door. My daughter was home all day from school so I assumed she was sleeping somewhere since my daughter told me earlier that the kitten has been playing most of the day. Instead she ended up getting out of the house and it was hours before we knew. We searched all of Friday night and Saturday, shaking food and everything. Couldn't find her no matter what we did. On Sunday morning, we went out searching again and ended up finding her in our yard, and she didn't make it. I am so sick over this as the carelessness of the person in my household that didn't watch when they were going in and out of the house but also that she was in our yard on Sunday morning. I feel so guilty for not being able to find her and that her short little life was taken the way it was. Will this get easier, will I be forgiven for not finding her and saving her, for not realizing when I came home on friday night that she was actually outside where she didnt belong. I am so depressed and lost to say the least.

• Members

Hi Dhand1102,

I recently lost my baby girl due to a wreck less household after being relentless in taking care of her.

I am so upset & my days seem so long & pointless.

I'm not sure if our pain will ever stop. I am sorry for your loss!

This place is helping me meet others who love animals so deeply, that losing them is like losing a loved one!!

• Members

The pain is alot to handle for sure, and my family member who was careless is feeling just as bad as the husband and I. It's going to take time to heal for sure, but I will never forget Tara. We had her for a very short period of time and I loved her deeply. I hope I can forgive myself and being on here and reading other people stories is atleast letting me I am not alone. I am sorry for your loss as well, as I know your heart breaks when you wake up in the morning and realize the little one isn't there.

Archived