Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my sweetheart

jan33

• Members

Yesterday was the worst day of my life. Our sweetheart cat wasn't acting like herself and we took her to the vet on Sunday morning. They asked to keep her overnight to get her on antibiotics and monitor her. Monday, we went to visit her and she was so happy to see us. She crawled into my lap and curled up and laid her head down. She was purring so much and being so sweet. She seemed to be better than she was Sunday. 

We called the vet later that day and he said she had kept the food down which was another good sign. We went to sleep anxious to pick her up Tuesday and bring her home with us. I got a call Tuesday morning from the vet to tell me she had passed away overnight....I went into complete shock and didn't understand. I broke down and had to leave work. Its been 25 hours and I still feel so empty and so heartbroken that I'll never see her again. That she will never jump into my lap or sleep with me ever again. Emmy was only 4 years old and I don't know what to do. My baby is gone and I feel like I've never cried so much in my life. 

• Members

I'm so very sorry for you loss. I had a cat named Emmy. I had her for 15 years, and then she passed away from cancer. It was very awful. I cried my head off. It's okay to cry as much as you want. Do you have a picture of your Emmy? 

ModKonnie

• Members

My sweet loving baby...she always wanted to be in my lap sleeping, cleaning herself or just purring like crazy. I don't know how to move on from this right now. The bond we had was so special. She's gone and I still can't believe this is real. 

post-403451-0-21046600-1442528681_thumb.

• Members

I've been better. I am still trying to cope with her being gone. Today marks 2 weeks since I received the worst phone call of my life. When we picked up her ashes last week, I felt like she died all over again. Her urn is by my side of the bed with her picture next to it. My husband is helping me get through this, but I have lost weight and haven't felt like eating much at all. I'm trying because I know my baby would want me to be ok. 

Archived