Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

One year anniversary

JeanMihalick

• Members

today is the one year anniversary of my sweet beautiful mom's passing. I took a vacation day because being around people is just something I can't bring myself to do. I found this poem and it pretty much describes the entire weekend this time last year. I miss you so much mom. I'd give anything to have you back or hear your voice again. post-397631-0-58425100-1442293124_thumb.

• Members

Hello, Jean. Lke Evelyn, I know all too well how you're feeling as the one-year anniversary of my mom's death--October 4--is quickly approaching.

What a beautiful and fitting poem.

There was no sun on the day my mom died: instead, it was overcast. Not long after she passed, it began to pour; in fact, it poured intermittently throughout the day. Just like my tears.

• Members

Thanks! My grandma, her mom, died before I was born. Every year as the anniversary of her passing got closer my mom would talk about it like it happened yesterday. I always wondered why you'd want to remember something like that but now I know it wasn't that she wanted to remember, it was not possible to forget.

I did a little retail therapy on my day off and just mainly spent the day alone. Made hubby and son dinner but I just didn't feel like eating. I just want to drink but won't with the state I'm in.

I love this page. So many family/friends, even my husband, have no clue what I'm going through and how it's still so fresh for me. I'm really not sure where I'd be without you.

• Members

Jean,

I don't usually come on this page because it is my son I lost not a parent ( well actually both of my parents are gone but that was in the past and a different kind of difficult for me back then.).  However a lot of the group on my page have overwhelmed me with "first angelversary" and I just needed to step back for a while. But Eve was so kind to respond to me I thought I would take a look at this section.  I am so glad I did.  That poem you posted spoke to me and I really needed that now..

Also, thanks Eve for your kind words on the other group. I am having such a difficult time right now.

Archived